Willow Springs Raceway this weekend.

Bristolrover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Lads, anyone running with the Pantera club at Willow this weekend?. There may still be a few spots open. Pretty cheap really and sundays a lot of people leave. I'm hoping that Jim Saxton will let me run just sunday. Sometimes he will if a lot have left. I just got my vipe a couple of weeks ago and am itching to take it out but how about this oilpan issue? With ps2tires on, am I likely to get the oil up the side of the pan to where the pump will **** air? Obviously,I'm going to be circulating more than racing but I know the track well and I may get carried away........I've seen 3 vipes in 1 day with holes in the block...I will be changing the pan but not this week.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperX, Dan Everts, the SoCal club president will be there, maybe a couple of other vipers too? This past weekend was viper days - NARRA at Buttonwillow so less vipers @ Pantera this time. Buttonwillow was a great event, 80? cars there with at least 1/2 from SoCal. I know there's open spots @ Pantera, got a follow up email this morning from Jim Saxton. Hope it doesn't rain.

You should be OK with the stock pan on PS2's, Hoosiers would be a problem. Get the modified '08 from Dan at viperspeacilities in NY, about $1K.

Get involved with the SCA club, lot's of track support, here's the link below;

. : : SoCal Viper : : .

OP
OP
B

Bristolrover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the pan; that was also recomended by Cathy from the club when I spoke to her for the first time last week. Very nice and friendly lady. She told me about the tech day at Wilmington and I wanted to go but had to work. Hope to meet some of you guys in the future......Nice pics from the weekend.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Bristolrover,

Cathy and I will be there this weekend. Look for the red enclosed trailer with the Viper logos on the side. Car is a gray / black / red stripe 09 ACR. Ray McIntyre (red vert) will be there and Pete Martin (red / black ACR) may be there too.

You are welcome to hang out with us. Weather looks good.

As for the oil pan, if you are running less than 1:35 lap times in a Gen III (03 - 06), add one quart of oil and pay attention to your oil pressure gauge. You should be OK, but keep an eye on it. Turns 2 and 8 can be ******* your oiling system.

Dan

OP
OP
B

Bristolrover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Cathy and Dan...great day at the track yesterday. You drove really good Dan. Now that I've met you I remember my friend and I talking to Cathy in the garage last november. She told me she had a white car and that's what I wanted but setteled for the blue one due to "giveawayprice". The 12k I saved I put back into the ACR wheels, tires, brakes exaust etc. . I have to respect you guys driving those heavy cars so fast around that track. I was nervous just going around in the lunch break at 55, LOL. Viper's the king though. Such a wonderfull car to drive on the open road...Bye for now.