Wing choices for my Viper?

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What are my Wing choices for my Viper?

No need to even paint it!!!

8683Park_Bench-med.jpg

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

There are three common choices:

GT2 Style
4324GT2_at_Las_Vegas-med.jpg

Henny Style
2fascia6-med.jpg

and GTSR Style
3964GTSR_5-med.jpg

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

on yours id go with the henny style like vipermads.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree.. Heeney style looks like it would fit your car.

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Man, if anyone has a used GT2 wing... Me wants. PM me. Bat, go with the Henney and leave my potential used GT2 wing alone. :D <end jack>

starcity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

I have a customer looking to buy a wing for his newly purchased 2000 GTS Red with Silver Stripes. What vendors would you recommend? I see from this post there is the [******], GT2 and GTSR wings. Any others you would suggest? What is the typical price range for wings?

My client plans on taking his Viper to the track, so it would be used for a purpose, not just for looks.

Thanks,

Chris, Star City Motors

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI-None of the pictures listed above shows the GTSR wing. The wing that is on my race car in my avatar is the GTSR wing. Wings on street cars=RICE

96 B&W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOUR CAR LOOKS GOOD. DONT PUT A POSER WING ON !!!!!!!!

LEAVE IT ALONE
LEAVE IT ALONE
LEAVE IT ALONE
LEAVE IT ALONE
LEAVE IT ALONE :bonker:

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Wings on street cars? Why?
To match those ricey stripes... duh....

In all seriousness though - its been discussed many times here on the forums and no one has ever produces a valid encompassing reason against having wings. So the simple answer to your question is - "Because we can."

Any others you would suggest? What is the typical price range for wings?
There are literally dozens more styles, but they typically require either a very liberal sense of style and/or an indestructible bank account. The ones above work fine for street cars, dedicated track cars are another issue.

GT2 wing - about $1700 at parksrack. Requires drilling and some patience to install. Neutral angle meaning little/no downforce at speed. Selling point - Was a stock option on limited 1998 models.
Henny wing - not sure of the price but I'm sure its higher than the GT2 and you can buy directly from him. Requires extensive modification. Minor angle producing some downforce at speed. Selling point - provides the best rear visual clearance of them all.
GTSR wing - Usually $2500 and up and you can buy from partsrack and most viper racing teams. Requires extensive drilling and you will never be able to open your rear hatch again. Provides serious downforce and are usually adjustable. Selling point - argumentatively the most aggressive looking wing made.
Autoform wing - Around $1500 and you can buy from partsrack and autoform direct. Mounts easily to license plate bracket and requires no permanent damage to car. Some come adjustable allowing for unlimited downforce potential. Selling point - functional and easily removable.

** All prices do not include paint.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And how does said customer plan to increase downforce on the front to balance the car?How much HP is said customer going to add to overcome the drag of his planted slowed down car?Why not just sell him some nice go fast stripes and a vipair? GTS Bruce

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wings on street cars? Why?
To match those ricey stripes... duh....

In all seriousness though - its been discussed many times here on the forums and no one has ever produces a valid encompassing reason against having wings. So the simple answer to your question is - "Because we can."

Any others you would suggest? What is the typical price range for wings?
There are literally dozens more styles, but they typically require either a very liberal sense of style and/or an indestructible bank account. The ones above work fine for street cars, dedicated track cars are another issue.

GT2 wing - about $1700 at parksrack. Requires drilling and some patience to install. Neutral angle meaning little/no downforce at speed. Selling point - Was a stock option on limited 1998 models.
Henny wing - not sure of the price but I'm sure its higher than the GT2 and you can buy directly from him. Requires extensive modification. Minor angle producing some downforce at speed. Selling point - provides the best rear visual clearance of them all.
GTSR wing - Usually $2500 and up and you can buy from partsrack and most viper racing teams. Requires extensive drilling and you will never be able to open your rear hatch again. Provides serious downforce and are usually adjustable. Selling point - argumentatively the most aggressive looking wing made.
Autoform wing - Around $1500 and you can buy from partsrack and autoform direct. Mounts easily to license plate bracket and requires no permanent damage to car. Some come adjustable allowing for unlimited downforce potential. Selling point - functional and easily removable.

** All prices do not include paint.

Call Tony at Autoform, they are removeable. When and If you decide to sell the car the next owner may not want a wing.

starcity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

Thanks for the information. I agree with most of you, I don't care for wings at all. The Viper is already one of the most amazing looking cars on the road and needs no distractions. My client builds race cars for a living so I guess it serves some purpose?

Chris

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a correction, the price for our wing does include being painted. In fact most of our products leave here painted, and the prices usually include that. If you want any other pictures of our wings, pm or email me.

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are a couple photos of the wings.
8409Yellow_ACR_Viper-Black_Interior_10-17-03_015-med.jpg

8409gts_wing_and_splitter-med.jpg

These are some pictures we have had a while, I will try and look for some newer ones.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4