Wingy Thingy

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, I don't understand how the Viper community justifies wings...it's just as bad on a Viper as on any other car.

I mean, c'mon, the GTS will arguably go down as one of the best looking cars in history, and then you're gonna throw a huge, tacky wing on the back?? The best part about the coupe is the rear hatch/glass and how it flows into the ducktail spoiler...and you're gonna add another wing and detract from the fluid, flowing design?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seriously, I don't understand how the Viper community justifies wings...it's just as bad on a Viper as on any other car.

I mean, c'mon, the GTS will arguably go down as one of the best looking cars in history, and then you're gonna throw a huge, tacky wing on the back?? The best part about the coupe is the rear hatch/glass and how it flows into the ducktail spoiler...and you're gonna add another wing and detract from the fluid, flowing design?

The VCA doesn't "justify" wings, Dodge justifies some of the wings as part of the world's fastest road car. Obviously they know what they're doing. Guess you could leave a GTS exactly the way it is. I mean it is 4mph faster than the RT10, but added traction does help at speed. When a group of us drove cross-continent we averaged 80+ mph. That's faster than speed limits and seldom did we get passed, although a few minivans and Dodge pick-ups did seem to be the vehicles that found our speed to slow for them. I have the Roe front fascia scoop to improve mileage, traction, cooling, aerodaynamics, etc. Now it's time to add the Venom spoiler for a little downforce on the rear.

It's a practical addition for my car and will balance the added frontal downforce.

Most lovers of expotic looking and supercars will like spoilers on their cars. But, like ourself, it's not for everyone. My wife doesn't like good exhaust, stripes, spoilers, fat tires or bigger hp. But, she does like Ford Escape POSs. She doesn't care that the little brakes and soft suspension make it dangerous compared to a Viper - she just likes the junk unsage stuff better. 'Course if she's driving she'll never pass anyone on a 2 lane highway and since she seldom goes over the speed limit she figures the little brakes and stuff are good enough???

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4