Wipers not working right

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the car since new in 93 and never had to use the wipers. It has bee 2 years so far that I have noticed that the wipers are not working right. The driver's side "flickers" in short spurts while the passanger's side works perfectly.

Now people will say to change the wiper control module, but I did and the same problem continues.

I also checked the fuses....fine

I put the faulty wiper motor from my car Gerald's car and it works fine, so it's not the motor either.

Now what I'm left with is an electrical problem and don't know where to start. I have also tried to follow the test for the wiper motors and wiring from the manual, but I'm not getting the instructions quite well. If anyone has a clue please let me know...oh and the dome light doesn't work anymore either.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try the other motor. Both motors have position switches which tell the control module what position they are in. That's what controls the timing. I've had cars that have done that. New motor is around $450-500. JonB can probably get you the smokin' deal.dj

OP
OP
V

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The passenger's motor went to parked position and full out position nicely, and so did the faulty driver's side motor. I spent 2 hrs fumbling with an ohm meter and didn't do a good job. Today I reversed the motors (right to left, left to right) and the faulty motor did not work in the good connection, but the good motor worked in the bad connection. This tells me (I think and hope) that it is a bad motor. Even If I test fit the faulty motor in Gerald's car and it worked. I have no clue, I'll just get a new motor now and take it from there.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The motor that is working smoothly is the motor that is bad. The timing switch in that motor has failed.The motor that is moving eracticly is doing what it thinks is right by trying to keep up with the signal from the faulty timing switch in the other motor.So replace the one that looks like it is working correctly.Hope that makes sense.

OP
OP
V

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and it does make sense. I'll do what you all suggested then and I'll keep you informed.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Antonio.......the used motor will arrive Friday for about 1/3 of new price.

Thanks for your business.........Shipped to ITALY, right??

OP
OP
V

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As always Jon B is on top of things...Thanks for the speedy service and dedication. I hope this thing cures my on going problem......

OP
OP
V

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to David first of all for suggesting the cure that worked for the car. Then Jon B for the fascinating turn-around time on getting me the parts to my house like promissed. Jon B was nice enough to send me 2 motors (RH and LH) to see which one I would need with the trust to return the other one. Thanks Jon B and David........

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Antonio, did you ask Gerald if his gorrilla gerbils were chewing on your wires? It's a common problem when Gerald comes by to visit. You get fleas and gerbils everywhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joebrett