Wipers? Vipers don't need Wipers!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not rain.....looks like someone giving their Viper a milkbath because they heard it was good for the skin (paint). :D
2062b3.jpg

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone attend VOI 7? 6" of rain in two days!!! No wipers? You've got to be kidding! We almost drowned at that event while on the "parade" through downtown Nashville.......I couldn't believe that much rain in 2 days......we get that much in a year in Phoenix.......I was happy to have wipers......that was the only time that my old 94 SAW rain.......

We were there -- did the parade too. Have not seen heavier rain than that, but have been in equal downpours a few other times.

I have done a couple sessions at Gingerman in rain and/or very wet cold conditions. Have autocrossed several times in steady cold rain. You'd be surprised how well the Viper handles in these conditions on a closed course where you can test the limits somewhat safely. You just can't be stupid with the gas. The new PS2s are MUCH better in the rain than the previous tire.

By far, the biggest problem with rain is cleaning the car afterwards. Vipers **** up mud and dirt everywhere, especially the engine compartment.

Steve

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 1/2 years and they have never been on. Heck the top has only been one once.

There is one sure way to keep from using the wipers -- keep it in the garage. If the top's only been on once -- and no wipers -- you've sure missed a lot of fun!! :drive:

Steve