With help from Jon B, a sponge and dish detergent...

SHADOW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted awhile ago about re-painting the Gen. 1 'fuzzy' gray interior. I wanted to re-paint my triangular door surround with that odd, rubber paint. It is impossible to find, and my door surround was a mess, scraped, discolored, etc. Jon B located a matching surround, and also sent me two additional ones that didn't have the same rubber paint, but were plastic to see which I liked better. Well, the identical rubberized one had a large brown (dirt) stain on it. After a wash with cold water - nothing the stain was still there. I almost sent it back, but I knew how hard these are to come by. I ended up cleaning it with dish detergent and a dish spoge that had a scouring side to it. I gently washed it three times, the stain came out perfectly, it also took out an additional darker mark on the piece. I have it on the car and it looks perfect. So if you guys are looking for rare parts, call Parts Rack, and if you want to clean the Gen.1 gray 'fuzzy' interior, use my technique.

Dave.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't even want to know what you were doing with the original piece. For future reference K-y discolors Gen 1 interiors.......

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't even know what the hell he's talking about...fuzz, stains, rubber, no idea?

I'd ask to post pics, but I'm not sure they're legal on here!

Cal

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456