With VEC-2 Enhancements are Roe S/C's running without issues

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With VEC-2 Enhancements are Roe S/C\'s running without issues

It seems in the past month or two that the continual enhancements to the VEC-2 and continued R&D by Sean and team are clearing up most if not all of the early driveability issues that surfaced. Any nagging issues still out there to be dealt with?

S

SUN RA KAT

Re: With VEC-2 Enhancements are Roe S/C\'s running without issues

dwhitt -

I hadn't driven my Viper in a week due to it's been raining everyday here in Ohio for a week, but it's stopped for several hours and I took out my freshly Zainoed YELLOW beast (now you know what I was doing while it was raining) and my Viper scared me a whole bunch - how soon one forgets how powerfull a Viper with the Roe Supercharger really is.

The last of my problems went away when my Viper Tech reconnected every fuel injector connection.

I drove for almost 10 miles tonight in extremely slow and stupid traffic and then I left them behind as I went out on some lightly travelled country roads and frollicked. I did not even have the slightest sign of carbon build up on my spark plugs from the previous 8 miles of going 20 MPH below the posted speed limit for almost the entire 8 miles. I'd say all the early growing pains of the Roe Supercharger have been fixed.

DSSX

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its been great for about a month but on a 200 mile trip this weekend I got another misfire code.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its been great for about a month but on a 200 mile trip this weekend I got another misfire code.

DSSX,

What year Viper do you own and do you know which code was set?

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sean just reminded me of a glitch that occured in the 96 PCM and if memory serves me correctly, this hiccup would happen somewhere in the 3k and 5k rpm range. So, if your utilizing the 96 PCM and this hiccup occurs, you'll need to run down to the local dealer and have a reflash done on the PCM. Thanks for the re-flash, Sean! Like I've said before, I have a terrible memory.