Would an ACR vert appeal to you?

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a convertible guy but I think the mock up looks good and the ACR package on the Vert's will look awesome when they appear .

OP
OP
Jersey Jeff

Jersey Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would happily add that wind tunnel designed rear spoiler on my vert if somebody was wise enough to make an aftermarket version available!:usa:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have forgotten what its like to drive my '01 I haven't been in it for so long now. I really gotta get those new tires on it.
Thinking of changing out your soft top eh? If that Sapphire 'vert of yours weren't so darn underpowered I might have considered making you an offer on it:lmao:

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They should have put Coupe rear fenders, bumper and decklid on it. I understand the decklid is some work, but make it authentic. Order em from Lemke.

Otherwise, looks good. Throw a hard top on and go racing.

I put an Autoform rollbar in my roadster as soon as I could. Would be nice to see real bars in these cars from the factory.

Good to see Woodhouse continuing to come up with custom cars!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Thompson Racing and others!

We had the idea , but it is those fantastic guys at SRT Marketing and SRT Engineering that got pumped up and made this beast happen. 100% ACR, just *******, wing designed in the wind tunnel, all the fun components, who could ask for anything more?!

Sure it will have it's detractors, as many said the same when the ACR first appeared, but the key word is the excitement is back, and Dodge is doing wild machines just like we all wanted ---- kind of an imaginary trip back to the 60s where muscle was King, but I like to think that folks will look back at this era, and the SRT engineers, designers, and marketers will go down as the same type of heroes as Iacocca, Shinoda, Gale, Lutz, etc.:2tu:

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill:

I notice the spoiler has been lowered, is that design for running with the lid down? Most of the verts I see at the track run with there tops up, would that change the aerodynamics much?

Richard

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great question about the top and I will find out, though late on Friday I am not sure I can get anyone.

In all likelyhood it is with the top up, but let's find out?!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We had the idea , but it is those fantastic guys at SRT Marketing and SRT Engineering that got pumped up and made this beast happen. 100% ACR, just *******, wing designed in the wind tunnel, all the fun components, who could ask for anything more?!

Sure it will have it's detractors, as many said the same when the ACR first appeared, but the key word is the excitement is back, and Dodge is doing wild machines just like we all wanted ---- kind of an imaginary trip back to the 60s where muscle was King, but I like to think that folks will look back at this era, and the SRT engineers, designers, and marketers will go down as the same type of heroes as Iacocca, Shinoda, Gale, Lutz, etc.:2tu:

Very cool! I couldn't find pictures of the ACR Vert on the Woodhouse site, did I miss them? :dunno: As for posers, well fortunately I don't live in the land of Ted. :D I will be calling you about one of these soon Bill.

Thanks.
- Tony

OP
OP
Jersey Jeff

Jersey Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a GREAT looking convertible! My wife even thought it was amazing, and she is not easy to impress!

Attachments

• 2010 Viper Woodhouse ACR Roadster.jpg
    2010 Viper Woodhouse ACR Roadster.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 46

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Huge thumbs up to the SRT Team . What a great club we are in when people can have an idea for a car . And the SRT team can make it happen . :2tu:

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wing obviously is not the same as the aero group. It looks as if the wing is high enough not to interfere with the rear view? I like the look of the aero group wing better but it looks like this wing is functionally superior.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In response to B&R's question the wing was optimized for use with the top up, but was tested both up and down to make sure it worked with either application.

Good question and one I frankly was not sure of, so thanks for bringing it up!

V

Venomiss

Yes, it would look very good in black/yellow with stinger instead of stripes for one of those ACR verts.

V

Venomiss

Maybe I'll ask hubby to see if he can do a mock up to see what that would look like on the vert. HMMMMM.

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whos interested in the ACR Vert?

I didnt see a thread on this yet, but I saw that they are making 20 ACR verts for the 2010 year. Interested in hearing what everyone thinks about this roofless track car.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Whos interested in the ACR Vert?

Just found this on a German car forum...:D
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dodge Viper SRT-10 Dealer Editions - Totgesagte leben (etwas) länger

You must be registered for see images
In enger Zusammenarbeit mit drei amerikanischen Händlern hat Dodge drei Sondermodelle der bald endenden Viper SRT-10-Produktion aufgelegt. Mit einem speziellen Viper SRT-10 Coupé, einer ACR und dem ACR Roadster geht der beliebte Sportwagen der verdienten Rente wieder einen Schritt näher. Mit diesen Sondermodellen dürfte die Produktion nun aber endgültig enden. Immerhin haben wir vor Kurzem bereits die Final Edition vorgestellt.

Da haben wir der Dodge Viper bereits ihren Abgesang gesungen, sie innerlich verabschiedet und uns damit abgefunden, dass nach der kürzlich hier vorgestellten Final Edition die Produktion des V10-Sportwagens beendet sein wird, schon kommt Dodge mit drei weiteren Sondermodellen um die Ecke und legt unsere Trauer ad acta.

Im Rahmen des "Dealer Exclusive" Programms hat man mit drei US-amerikanischen Dodge-Händlern zusammengearbeitet und die jeweilige Viper SRT-10 "nach Art des Hauses" zubereitet.

So entstand zusammen mit Roanoke Dodge aus Roanoke in Illinois ein SRT-10 Coupé in schwarz mit breiten Rennstreifen im Lilafarbton "Plum Crazy". Im Gegensatz dazu mutet die "Reverse Viper SRT-10 ACR", die in Zusammenarbeit mit Tomball Dodge aus Tomball in Texas entstanden ist, deutlich marzialischer an. Auch sie ist schwarz lackiert, während der für das ACR-Modell typische Streifen in Snakeskin grün metallic lackiert wurde. Damit gibt dieses Modell genau das gegenteilige Farbschema der ACR "Snakeskin Green Edition" wieder. Optisch handelt es sich beim SRT-10 Coupé- und ACR-Sondermodell um die bekannten Grundmodelle ohne grundlegende Änderungen - von der Farbwahl abgesehen. Die dritte Sonderedition fällt jedoch ein wenig aus dem Rahmen. Auf Basis des SRT-10 Roadsters erstellten Dodge und der Händler Woodhouse Dodge aus Blair in Nebraska einen ACR Roadster. Will heißen: Der riesige Heckflügel und die Fünfspeichenfelgen, die eigentlich nur für das ACR Coupé im Programm sind, wanderten hier an die nach oben grenzenlos offene Variante und verwandeln das Cabrio in einen wilden Sonnenjäger. Dazu passt auch die Lackierung in Race gelb mit dem mattschwarzen Streifen des ACR Coupés.

Unter der Haube tobt sich bei allen drei Modellen letztmalig der 8,4 Liter große V10-Saugmotor mit 450 kW/612 PS aus. In nur 4 Sekunden reißt er die Schlange auf Landstraßentempo und erst bei 320 Sachen halten die Grenzen der Physik das giftige Getier davon ab, noch weiter zuzubeißen.

Von allen drei Sondermodellen sollen nur jeweils 50 Exemplare enstehen. Wer also eins haben möchte, muss sich beeilen. Dazu kommt für uns Europäer die ärgerliche Tatsache, dass die Viper längst nicht mehr offiziell importiert wird. Man muss also nicht nur das Glück haben, eines der limitierten Autos zu erwischen, man braucht hernach auch noch einen guten Importeur. Letzterer dürfte sich aber vermutlich leichter finden lassen als Ersteres.

Quelle: Dodge

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Ausgesichnet, das ist sehr gut news, meine freund. Danke fur posting das wunderbar artikle.

Reinhardt, I bet you just love my bastardation of semi decent German mixed in with lousy English. I need two or three beers to remember a language I spoke relatively well 40+ years ago.

Hope to see you at VOI and interesting to see how far the Press Releases have gone.

Wilhelm Von Pemberton
Woodhouse Dodge in das Cornfields of Kneebrasky
Home of da 20 ******* Terrors !!

V

Venomiss

Ok maybe the moderators can merge this into that thread. :lmao:

TPLSTRR that would make for a good license plate.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After seeing the release of the ACR vert on another site, this thread started to make much more sense.

Nick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang