Would like to hear your exhaust system in South Jersey

vipernick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear VCA members:
I have a '98 RT/10 and would like to modify the stock exhaust system. Are there any owners in the South Jersey area who have changed their exhaust and would be willing to fire it up for me so I can learn what different systems sound like? Most appreciated!
Nick

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hi Nick!

Just take a look at our NJ VCA schedule. ANY event will bring out a variety of exhaust combinations from stock to LOUD, just about every combo is on our Vipers.

NJ's website is www.viperclubnj.com

OP
OP
V

vipernick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Joe. I went to the NJ site you had included and there were no scheduled events that I could see from the calender. If there are any local Viper owners, I would be happy to just visit them to listen to their cars. I live in the Voorhees/Cherry Hill area. I appreciate any assistance you can provide.
Nick

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im up in NNJ and got x-pipe and now tator is doing the high flow cats if ya ever wanna here it

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no, i did the x pipe myself and didnt wanna get involved with taking the sills off and doing it myself..

i also knew i wanted chuck to do my VEC2 too.

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Nick,

The NJ club events won't start to roll until May. We will start with the Northeast Zone Rendezvous. The info is posted in the Events section. A bunch of us will be attending the Ferrari Focner event on April 29th at Pocono Raceway. It is an awesome one and we always have a good Viper turnout. I will be there for SURE!

It is hard to plan events this early in the season with our glorious NJ weather.

I am about an hour north of you, and both my Vipers have the same exhaust system. All stock till the rear then an x-pipe replaces the giant muffler that makes the car sound like a UPS truck. Now no more UPS, they both sound different from each other, but now they sound like a Viper should!

With a 1998 Viper you might want to consider headers in addition to the x-pipe.