Would you let a 16 year old drive your viper?

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's assume you have a 2004 SRT-10. A teenager knocks on your door and gets on his hands and knees and BEGS you to borrow your viper. He explains that he is growing up and not getting any girls and needs to borrow this car. He says that he just wants to get some girls. He says that you can ride a long too... And offers you a drive in his 83 Trans Am if you let him! Hahaha, there is 6 Viper owners in all of Nova Scotia. And this guy is one... I want to drive a viper before I get out of high school... Just curious on what would make you say yes :laugh:

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmmm. What would make me say yes to letting a 16 year old drive my 04 SRT-10?

I guess it is time for the overused literary device, the dreaded 'Top Ten' list.

10. If I had been surepticiously drugged and had absolutely no grasp on reality;

9. If the 16 year old handed me clear title to 2 new 04 SRT-10s in exchange for the privilege of driving mine around the block;

8. If the 16 year old was the son of a single multi-billionaire mother who happened to be super model beautiful, built and obsessed with me;

7. If I had spent my entire childhood eating lead based paint chips;

6. If I was smoking crack, a lot. No, I mean insane quanitities;

5. If I thought I had only an hour to live and thought I needed 1 more good deed to assure my entry into heaven;

4. If the 16 year old was pressing a loaded 45 against my skull and I was unable to formulate a plan 'B';

3. If the SRT-10 had been stolen by me 3 hours earlier and I had just finished a 2 hour and 45 minute chase with a convoy of state troopers AND I could hear the sirens just around the corner;

2. If monkeys were flying out of my butt;

1. If Jesus himself a) asked me to do this as a personaal favor to Him, b) handed me sufficient collateral, c)signed a written contract, d) provided me with a copy of the child's driving record and proof of insurance, AND e) had his tongue notarized and the entire transaction witnessed by the 3 wise men, the pope, John Ashcraft, the secret service, and every living owner of a Viper.

Then I would flip a coin. Heads he doesn't drive. Tails, we flip again until it comes up heads.

So I guess you have a chance, kid.

DC

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have let my 16 year old friend drive the SRT. With me in the car. He was very careful and slow. I told him to boot it and he was scared. Made his day.

I let a 20 year old drive the SRT with me following him in his SRT-4. Made his evening.

Was I nervous each time? You bet! but that is what insurance is for. I trusted each of these guys enough to know they wouldn't go fast enough to kill themselves, or me.

I am not in Nova Scotia (though I've flown over it many times) so sorry.

Besides, do you understand what KIND of girls you (he) would get? You'll find out!

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I knew the kid, and he was a nice kid, why not? I'd probably want written permission from his parents, however.

I'm insured. That's why I pay insurance, so I don't have to freak out about what happens to my car. It's certainly less of a risk than some things I do with my car myself.

I've let a number of friends, acquaintances, and a few people I didn't really know very well drive my car. It's an easy way to spread a little happiness in this grumpy world.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time I was at Bill Luke Dodge in Phoenix, there was a wrecked black SRT....a viper owner's sixteen year old son let his friend(who was also sixteen) to drive it...25,000 dollars in damage minimum.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm. What would make me say yes to letting a 16 year old drive my 04 SRT-10?

I guess it is time for the overused literary device, the dreaded 'Top Ten' list.

10. If I had been surepticiously drugged and had absolutely no grasp on reality;

9. If the 16 year old handed me clear title to 2 new 04 SRT-10s in exchange for the privilege of driving mine around the block;

8. If the 16 year old was the son of a single multi-billionaire mother who happened to be super model beautiful, built and obsessed with me;

7. If I had spent my entire childhood eating lead based paint chips;

6. If I was smoking crack, a lot. No, I mean insane quanitities;

5. If I thought I had only an hour to live and thought I needed 1 more good deed to assure my entry into heaven;

4. If the 16 year old was pressing a loaded 45 against my skull and I was unable to formulate a plan 'B';

3. If the SRT-10 had been stolen by me 3 hours earlier and I had just finished a 2 hour and 45 minute chase with a convoy of state troopers AND I could hear the sirens just around the corner;

2. If monkeys were flying out of my butt;

1. If Jesus himself a) asked me to do this as a personaal favor to Him, b) handed me sufficient collateral, c)signed a written contract, d) provided me with a copy of the child's driving record and proof of insurance, AND e) had his tongue notarized and the entire transaction witnessed by the 3 wise men, the pope, John Ashcraft, the secret service, and every living owner of a Viper.

Then I would flip a coin. Heads he doesn't drive. Tails, we flip again until it comes up heads.

So I guess you have a chance, kid.

DC

Hahaha awesome response!

RonnieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes...I am RonnieC5 on the Corvette Forum...many members there are nice folks, but a few are not happy about my honesty comparing the SRT10 to the C6. Oh well!

OP
OP
E

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responces. Can't wait till I become of age, I'm going to someday own a 2002 GTS. Or if the Viper looks better, I'll go with that.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no way at 16

when i was 18 (only 2yrs older), i rented a viper (my first viper experience) & lets just say uhhhhhh, i'm glad it wasn't my car :D

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only if he had the maturity of a 30 year old.

I wouldn't trust myself. Period!
[mental questioning on the way out the door] Yep, I need to lie to myself every time I take it out. You are going to obey th espeed limits, correct? Yes sir. No spinning those expensive tires, correct? No way.

Now the above is absolute garbage. It is more like: Hmmm, how much traction today. Wonder if I'll hook in second today. Hope to see some vettes, porsches and the like. You know questions like that.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When my son hits 16, I'll let him have a turn at the wheel...

I will be sitting in the shotgun seat, watching him like a hawk. :cool:

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about a 20-year old who has 4 years of driving experience, and no tickets, or accidents?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brandon, where do you live? Nova Scotia? Maybe you and Epro can take a road trip down south and find one of the 'yes' people here.

The problem with letting ANYONE ELSE drive your Viper alone is that they will start to get braver the more they drive it.
At first I was scared, then comfortable, then I truly believed I was invincible and the car could do anything. After the first major spin, I sat for a few minutes (No heartbeat or beathing, so technically I was clinically dead) prayed and understood clearly what snap oversteer was....

It's the thing that probably wrecks 95% of Vipers. Any differing opinions?

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have only let a few people drive my GST and each time I pray that they do not screw up.

Viperdriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes I don't even let myself drive mine! ( Alcohol and Vipers explode on contact.)

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a local company owner who owned a Viper. He offered the use of the Viper for a weekend as a sales incentive for his salesmen. The winning salesman took the car home and let his 16 year old daughter drive it. She hit a telephone pole and flipped the car over before she got out of their subdivision (by the way, she lived). No word on where the salesman is working now . . . :confused: :p :rolleyes: :eek:

S

SUN RA KAT

"Would you let a 16 year old drive your viper?"

Surely you must be joking!

My 18 year old daughter (now age 20) is scared of mine. She wanted to once, but then I took her for a ride at part throttle... Maybe the Roe S/C had something to do with it.

04 THE HARD WAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that you need to look at the situation. A sixteen year old who needs a viper to pick up chicks has some issues... Sixteen yr old girls aren't that shallow... at least not as shallow as 30..40..50 year old girls! And any girl that you picked up probably wouldn't be worth your time.

If you really just want to drive the car that's understandable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang