Would you trade your Viper for a Ford GT?

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Given the fact that Ford GT prices have dropped to near MSRP ($165-170k), are any of you considering making the jump (if it meant getting rid of your Viper)?

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll probably buy one in the winter for around 150k, I hope. Poor fools who paid 240k a few months ago...

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely !! And if I had not already ordered the new ZO6, the GT would be on the way. They had 2 at the Monterrey historic races and they are unbelievable.

OP
OP
F

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is what I'm stuck with. I love my GTS and have a new c6Z06 on order. The 2 combined are about $135k. I would drive the Viper very sparingly and put the miles on the Z06.

Or, just have the GT.... Decisions, decisions...

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I rather get the S7 than Ford GT. Too many problem right now that is why the price is keep on dropping. That is if I can afford to buy one..... :D
And NO I won't trade my snake. To each his own.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 95 Mustang 5.0 convertible for 5 yrs. Was not happy with overall build quality. Auto trans never shifted smooth even after it was replaced under warranty after it died. The power seat got stuck in foward position. The plastic door handles and other interior pieces came undone. The engine lost compression at 125k miles and so I sold it. Will never buy another Ford again.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I rather get the S7 than Ford GT. Too many problem right now that is why the price is keep on dropping. That is if I can afford to buy one..... And NO I won't trade my snake. To each his own. >>

My feelings exactly ric. Besides, i am a MOPAR guy. Always have been. Just ask my Magnum, and my Charger. :2tu:

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 95 Mustang 5.0 convertible for 5 yrs. Was not happy with overall build quality. Auto trans never shifted smooth even after it was replaced under warranty after it died. The power seat got stuck in foward position. The plastic door handles and other interior pieces came undone. The engine lost compression at 125k miles and so I sold it. Will never buy another Ford again.
I dont think a Mustang 5.0 is a very good comparison to a GT.

OP
OP
F

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been watching fordgtprices.com. The lowest sale is $165k and 1 is on Ebay now for $169k BIN.

By the way, wouldn't an S7 be several hundred thousand more?

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
honestly if you had the GT would you drive it? if i had it i would only put about 2000 miles and keep it in the garage. keep it then when value goes up id sell it. are you buying for driving or for an investment?

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ford GT is my next car after my SRTCoupe comes in next month...I would trade my Viper for the Ford GT if I had no choice (my current opinion having not owned one yet) but hopefully, I can keep at least one Viper and the Ford GT as prices continue to decline on the GT...

As for the comparison to the old Mustang...we drive D-o-d-g-e Vipers, not Toyota Vipers...give me a break. Do we really have to go down that road, comparing the crap cars Dodge, GM and Ford make along with their high performance products that we love?
Yeah, that LeBaron is one hell of a reliable car...corinthian leather? Wahoo.

OP
OP
F

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drive the Viper about 1,000 miles per year. I don't have time to enjoy 2 cars, so I think I'd drive the GT about 500 miles per year. Mostly short trips around town and to car shows, cruises. I'd have to think it would hold it's value (-5% per year). I'd like to hang on to the GTS in storage, but not sure if that would fly... Right now it seems like the market is flooded with GTs, but in 2 years when production is done, it seems like the values could increase... thoughts?

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh...
I know how you can make a CC street legal... :D I have 2 vipers now and would not trade for a Ford GT. I agree...I will get a CC before a GT.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I had $150K+ to blow on cars, I would either
1. Buy 3 vipers (probably 1 Gen1 and 2 Gen 2's) or
2. Buy a used $100k lambo and party on the other $50k

I like the Ford GT, but honestly, is it worth 3 Gen 2's? Not to me.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the care. But it's not as scalable as the Viper in my 2 cents. Also...the GT-40 club wouldn't be as cool to be a part of ;) Have you seen their forum?

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We played around with four Ford GT's on Wednesday night before the Woodward Dream Cruise. I didn't drive one, but rode in one and "raced" up and down the street with my Viper against them.

6594PICT0158-med.JPG

They are impressive cars, definitely fast, and more refined than our rides. I'd buy one, but I'd also want to keep my Viper.

Unlike the Viper, the Ford GT comes with quite a few options. When you are comparing prices be sure you are aware what options are on the car -- it can make a difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine