WOW, Guys you ever seen this Good of a Deal?

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
43k for an 06' B/W Coupe, Mint! Tried calling the # & its no longer in service or been dis-connected. What's the old saying, if it looks to good to be true!

Attachments

• 26385917-406-2006-Dodge-Viper-COUPE.jpg
    26385917-406-2006-Dodge-Viper-COUPE.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 117

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may be a big scam to steal your deposit ,he may have already profit 10 thousand+ and that why its no longer in service .

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard of 06's trading for less than $40 in good shape. Probably not the deal-of-the-century but a very good deal nonetheless.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A b/w 06 coupe was on eBay a few weeks ago for low $40k with 60k+ miles. Clean title at a dealership in Utah.

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? Coupes too? I really haven't seen that yet
I'm with you on this one Hank, I've Never seen one in this kind of shape with LOW miles for this price. If you want something to go by, look in the VCA classifieds for the 2 06' B/W coupes for sale now (not even close to 43k)!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right, not coupes. I'm reading too fast (or too poorly) to get it right.....

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Yea, Usually when someone's "Giving Something away" there's a good reason. Never had that kinda luck. :crazy2:

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That picture was used on ads since february. Pretty sure they're just trying to pull people into dealerships - "oh, we JUST sold it. Take a look around though!"

As Allan would say, don't ask me how I know.

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That picture was used on ads since february. Pretty sure they're just trying to pull people into dealerships - "oh, we JUST sold it. Take a look around though!"

As Allan would say, don't ask me how I know.
I found it on racingjunk.com they have alot of different vehicles NOT just racing junk! You can actually find pretty much anything you're looking for on there & I mean Really Nice Stuff. jmo

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you on this one Hank, I've Never seen one in this kind of shape with LOW miles for this price. If you want something to go by, look in the VCA classifieds for the 2 06' B/W coupes for sale now (not even close to 43k)!

Sorry boys, these things are depreciating... What someone is asking in the VCA classifieds and what they are selling for on the market are two different things. Just the way it is. Sure, the Viper is a limited production car, but the Viper is also a market with limited buyers.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George;

Sorry but you could not be more wrong. Just sold my 06' Viper SRT-10 Coupe, GTS Blue with Silver Stripes for much more than this BS number posted here. It was a no stories car with 8,200 miles. Sorry, if anything the prices on no-story certain Viper models/cars in great shape with low miles has been going up. Don't believe any of these ultra low BS numbers, never have. I would post what I sold mine for but out of respect for the owner and his eventual VCA membership, I will just state that both parties made out very fairly and appropriately.

Never thought I would sell mine but the opportunity came up to sell it outright to a wonderful couple. Hopefully with some luck, we can be back in a new GEN V in late 2014 or 2015. The saving has started. BTW I still don't like some of the aspects of the new GEN V and only hope they fix them before I am ready to get back into one.

Rick

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's just one story, Rick... Being a Professor of Statistics, I would label your sale an "outlier". There's a middle ground where most are selling and that middle ground is going down just like most other cars. Eventually, they will stop, but that point is yet to be reached. I've had 4 Vipers and they all went down in value...

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George;

Not saying Vipers do not go down in value as mine went down from what I paid new, of course! What I am saying is this ultra low pricing BS that keeps coming up on the site over the entire 6 years I have been a member. The vast majority of the time it is too good to be true or once discovered, the car has a million bad stories to it and for the most part it is BS.

Yes it would be great if these cars would hold their value and appreciate but such is not life. The Ford GT crowd seems to be appreciating but I would classify a lot of that as BS too as the numbers are the other way, too high. There is a middle ground somewhere but I can say for a FACT, there are no great low mile, no stories 06' Coupes selling for almost $40K. That is pure and utter BS. Run all the statistics you want. Sorry but from the members I know and my own situation, it is very real that some of the 06' Coupes are actually moving up from the low point that hit a while back! Gen III convertibles, I may have to agree with you as there were a lot of them and they are settling out.