Wrecked friday night

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the GEN 4 was priced at 65 grand EVEN IN THIS ECONOMY they would sell them.
Yes,and if your uncle had been plumbed a bit differently, he might have been your aunt; it's not going to happen, so "if" doesn't matter. Typically Vette buyers and Viper buyers are two entirely different markets, anyway; there are exceptions, but most people who have a newer Viper have no interest in a Vette; Vette owners, on the other hand, sometimes step up to a Viper as a sort of graduation to a real supercar. The two are NOT equivalent, and this entire discussion is a comparison of apples and oranges.

As for the Gen V Viper, if and when it's built - if you think you're going to buy that for 65k, keep dreaming, because that's not going to happen either. You may or may not think that is a good idea, but fortunately, I think that Ralph Gilles and his team at SRT will make those decisions without your personal input, and if they believe they can sell enough of them, at whatever price point it comes in at, it will get built, and if not, it won't. I hope you won't mind my saying that I put more faith in their judgment in the matter than I do in yours.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... and this forum was relatively civil for such a long time.

Guys, don't get into another shouting match. If you were all in the same room it's inevitable that at least one of you would be intimidated into silence by the others but that isn't going to happen sitting in front of your keyboard in your house.

It is entertaining listening to your comments but this is going nowhere fast.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes,and if your uncle had been plumbed a bit differently, he might have been your aunt; it's not going to happen, so "if" doesn't matter. Typically Vette buyers and Viper buyers are two entirely different markets, anyway; there are exceptions, but most people who have a newer Viper have no interest in a Vette; Vette owners, on the other hand, sometimes step up to a Viper as a sort of graduation to a real supercar. The two are NOT equivalent, and this entire discussion is a comparison of apples and oranges.

As for the Gen V Viper, if and when it's built - if you think you're going to buy that for 65k, keep dreaming, because that's not going to happen either. You may or may not think that is a good idea, but fortunately, I think that Ralph Gilles and his team at SRT will make those decisions without your personal input, and if they believe they can sell enough of them, at whatever price point it comes in at, it will get built, and if not, it won't. I hope you won't mind my saying that I put more faith in their judgment in the matter than I do in yours.[/QUOTE Your opinion (and its just that is an opinion )as WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN is just than an opinion the same as mine. Whats not an opinion is the car at its current state price structure-configeration has LARGE PROBLEMS SELLING .Another FACT not an opinion is the car MAGICALLY sold the MOST units OF 2009 in JANUARY apparently the buyers thought that whatever the MAGICAL PRICE the car was selling for then was worth it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi