XM Radio for the snake: anyone try it yet?

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I'm researching winter projects for the snake,a stereo upgrade is on the design table. I was wondering if anyone has tried the new XM radio yet.

thanks,

Dave.

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes and it is the BEST!!! I installed it about 3 weeks ago and it sounds awesome. the cool thing about it is that you always have something to listen to. I stop using my disc changer all together. here is what I did:
got the Alpine XM head unit installed (Car Toys) with the XM receiver unit installed in the back. went to Best Buy and bought the TERK XM antenna (Which can be installed inside the Hatch area) no matter what they tell you!!
you can also go to the website XM-radio.com and listen to some of the stations before you buy.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Prashant:
Yes and it is the BEST!!! I installed it about 3 weeks ago and it sounds awesome. the cool thing about it is that you always have something to listen to. I stop using my disc changer all together. here is what I did:
got the Alpine XM head unit installed (Car Toys) with the XM receiver unit installed in the back. went to Best Buy and bought the TERK XM antenna (Which can be installed inside the Hatch area) no matter what they tell you!!
you can also go to the website XM-radio.com and listen to some of the stations before you buy.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really wanted that & they told me that it wasn't possible unless I got a really long antenna!
frown.gif
I'm glad you shared that info. Prashant b/cause now I'm going bk & making them do it!

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Don't forget Sirius Satellite Radio. They are the "commercial free" competitor of XM. As I remember over 60 channels available, nationwide. They have the service built in to head units or they use an FM modulator so you can use your stock radio.</FONT f>

Sirius Radio

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, Trey they feed me the same line of BS about the ugly antenna on the outside of the car. if they don't believe you I will bring my Viper over to the the shop to show them( I have already had to do this once for another club member). XM has 100 channels right now. Sirius (60)and not out yet. I am pretty sure you need an extra unit along with the head unit to make everything work right.
good luck guys

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960