YELLOW FEVER VS MANNY C.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow Fever i read on viperalley your up comming race with Manny, please forget pump gas and run C12 or C16. Turbo cars are ok at low boost levels with pump gas but when wicked race fuel is a must. Manny stated he wants your best with no excuses so go big or lose. You can hurt your motor large by playing with pump gas, head gaskets, broken crank, spun bearings, bent rods etc been there and done that it's not pretty. With each pound of boost you are increasing the compression so play safe and win. Heffner built you a beast but you must make the beast work, remember s/c is on kill at all times but you only have to turn the boost controller clockwise. You should run the same boost or more than Manny, may the boost be with you.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow Fever i read on viperalley your up comming race with Manny, please forget pump gas and run C12 or C16. Turbo cars are ok at low boost levels with pump gas but when wicked race fuel is a must. Manny stated he wants your best with no excuses so go big or lose. You can hurt your motor large by playing with pump gas, head gaskets, broken crank, spun bearings, bent rods etc been there and done that it's not pretty. With each pound of boost you are increasing the compression so play safe and win. Heffner built you a beast but you must make the beast work, remember s/c is on kill at all times but you only have to turn the boost controller clockwise. You should run the same boost or more than Manny, may the boost be with you.

Yellow Fever's car can't beat mine unless I miss a shift -- simple as that. I have him out horse powered and out torqued. If he increases boost, he is going to spin his wheels and he will get owned even worse. We might as not even race, as we all know who the winner will be -- and it ain't a yellow car. :2tu:

Manny C

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, funny you say that because with the numbers on Manny's Gen I, it looks like it would be at least as fast as the Gen II.

Chad

VIPERnXr4ti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know some stuff about turbos and turbo cars can be beat on just like a stock car on pump gas if the tune is right....if the car is tuned correctly there is no reason he cant go all out on pump gas....

Anthony

OP
OP
R

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny there is a major difference between 13 psi of boost and 20 plus if Fellow Fever has the balls to turn up the wick. I have run 33 psi plus on my buick, the efficiency of the turbo did not come into play until 20 psi plus. It should be night and day if Manny runs race gas and turns up the wick if he can handle the car a shift without missing a gear. That said, good luck to whoever wins.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what would be a great idea. Lets have some unbiased, impartial Viper owners drive both cars and give us a little review. Aside from how fast each car is I'd like to hear what people think about the build quality, drivability and so on. That would be interesting.

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's amusing how Manny talks out of both sides of his mouth..Here is what he wrote in a PM to me on the VA :

Manny Wrote >>>
Your car is awesome dood. I would almost certainly go with a turbo for my SRT-10. However, I believe my car pulled harder than yours did. I can't wait to race to find out if it was in my head or not. The cars are so close (at least to me) that it was hard to tell.

Thanks for lunch!

Manny

>>>

Thats sounds a hell of a lot different than "Yellow Fever's car can't beat mine unless I miss a shift -- simple as that. I have him out horse powered and out torqued. If he increases boost, he is going to spin his wheels and he will get owned even worse. We might as not even race, as we all know who the winner will be -- and it ain't a yellow car.

Based on Manny's 10.8 at < 140 MPH he ran on the track...He's right about one thing, It's pointless for us to race .
I think he should remove his "Annilator" Badges and save himself further embarrasment ..Nuff Said :D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is everytime a Twin Turbo car has actually raced a blower car THe TUrbo car got owned!!

THat goes for HEFFNERS and the other TT system.

Keep dreaming guys.

Now lets hear the SUper TUrbo excuses like Low boost and missing gears and all that.

But why would you run race gas on low Boost???

Twin Turbo is nice for daily street driving and fast but it just will not beat the current blower cars.

Maybe in the near future but for now these cars that are out there for now forget about it.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When TUrbo cars are faster I will own one.

I have spoken with Heffner and other tuners concerning them building a car. this and it is not there yet for me to pull the trigger! I want one just not until they are proven faster.

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David , I've never even attempted to Argued that point ..When I ordered my car from Heffner my goal was never to have the Fastest car out there.

Personnally I couldn't give a RATS A$$ who's car is faster..Anybody that has seen both my car and Manny's car would agree that my car is the Complete Pkg.,,Incredibly fast while amazingly docile . I've racked up more than 3000 miles in less than 8 weeks with my car and I love this car more every day .

So whats on the agenda for your SRT ??

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You folks will be in for a rude awakening once a decent engine management system hits the streets for Vipers! ;)

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's amusing how Manny talks out of both sides of his mouth..Here is what he wrote in a PM to me on the VA :

Manny Wrote >>>
Your car is awesome dood. I would almost certainly go with a turbo for my SRT-10. However, I believe my car pulled harder than yours did. I can't wait to race to find out if it was in my head or not. The cars are so close (at least to me) that it was hard to tell.

Thanks for lunch!

Manny

>>>

Thats sounds a hell of a lot different than "Yellow Fever's car can't beat mine unless I miss a shift -- simple as that. I have him out horse powered and out torqued. If he increases boost, he is going to spin his wheels and he will get owned even worse. We might as not even race, as we all know who the winner will be -- and it ain't a yellow car.

Based on Manny's 10.8 at < 140 MPH he ran on the track...He's right about one thing, It's pointless for us to race .
I think he should remove his "Annilator" Badges and save himself further embarrasment ..Nuff Said :D

The pm is what I have heard Manny say on the boards.......yes, he said the other also. I took the other as some good race smack. I hope there is nothing wrong with race smack....because I would be in the hole. To both of you:
Quit whinning about pm's etc, **** and race. Both of you guys talked this race up for several weeks, then comes the excuses about traffic etc. Did you guys just move to that area or did the traffic magically get worse all the sudden ? No it didn't....you just didn't think it through and had a bad plan. Sooooo, if you want to shut each other up, drive out a ways and get it done. YF, My tip to you is: get some good gas in that thing and turn the boost up from 91 octane mode. It's up to you, but if you get beat on low boost....DON'T even think about using that as an excuse. Run good boost and if you win, THEN turn it down to 91 octane boost levels and see what happens. There are many of us that want to see both cars race at the "on kill" settings.

OP
OP
R

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No flame intended to any tuners but if Duttweiler tunes one of these twin turbos, the s/c guys will be history. He has been using stand alone fuel management systems from in the 80's, from Chevs, dodge, Mustangs, buicks etc. The man thinks like a computer when it comes to getting the most out of your turbo car. He gets 1600hp plus out of stage2 buick six cylinders, 3000hp plus out of v8's etc. Reiger won numerous times with his 57 chev built by Ken. Viper tuners are new to this but are making fantastic progress in this area. I have seen Ken run 44psi on is motor can you imagine a V10 with that kind of boost. Lets see a s/c run boost like that. We have not seen the full potential of the tt vipers yet but given time these tuners will only keep getting more power and going faster.There first tt cars are running with the best s/c cars which have been around for some time, and tt have run more mph. There is a complete learning curve for driving these cars also, launching and boost drop off at shift points etc it's all a matter of time. Currently the tt cars are there but no owners has harnessed the cars power yet.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny there is a major difference between 13 psi of boost and 20 plus

Hey dip$hit since when did Manny's car run 20lbs of boost or any other Dlm car as a matter of fact? You seem to have a ******* for Dlm cars and love to spread lies about them. You know these are vipers not your grand nationals we are talking about, we dont need no stinking 30lbs of boost to run good so go play in traffic you dip $hit.

Mike

OP
OP
R

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moundir loud mouth bottom feeding shlithead who said Manny or any DLM car ran 20psi you fukking idiot. I said a turbo car can turn the boost up but a shlthead like you just doesn't get the picture. Again you come on with names i would love for the moderator to let you and i fry each other i think a **** like you would be swallowing as usual. You cann't even change a spark plug much lest talk cars. The problem with little minds like yours is they don't want 30psi of boost but any performance nut would jump at that thought. Go back to ******* your dog.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manny Wrote >>>

Thanks for lunch!

Manny

>>>

My money's on Jeff!

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is everytime a Twin Turbo car has actually raced a blower car THe TUrbo car got owned!!

THat goes for HEFFNERS and the other TT system.

Keep dreaming guys.

Now lets hear the SUper TUrbo excuses like Low boost and missing gears and all that.

But why would you run race gas on low Boost???

Twin Turbo is nice for daily street driving and fast but it just will not beat the current blower cars.

Maybe in the near future but for now these cars that are out there for now forget about it.

As far as I can remember you did sort of spend the last two years or so trying to get your car to run like it does. So I can see how you could have so much pent up smack talk in you because until the V10 nationals in Texas you really didn't have anything to brag about.

To the best of my recollection your car is the ONLY blower car that has run as good or better than Sal P's car which is completely stock other than a turbo system. So for now all of you guys can use Roof as a crutch to lean on and accept him as your personal savior but the fact of the matter is that your days are numbered.

I'll have to send out the memo to all of the major auto manufacturers which will explain how superchargers are definitively better than turbos and how this conclusion was drawn by a team of experts who cumulatively could not change a spark plug. I should expect that the new Mercedes S600 will have a Paxton on it with auxilliary injectors and water / methanol injection. Yeah right.

So make sure that you guys talk all of the smack you can over the next few weeks because you're gonna be awful disappointed when we get some traction on one of these cars. See ya soon.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, do you really think you can get that extra power to the ground and ET like a supercharged car?

Chad

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the best of my recollection your car is the ONLY blower car that has run as good or better than Sal P's car which is completely stock other than a turbo system. So for now all of you guys can use Roof as a crutch to lean on and accept him as your personal savior but the fact of the matter is that your days are numbered.

I'll have to send out the memo to all of the major auto manufacturers which will explain how superchargers are definitively better than turbos and how this conclusion was drawn by a team of experts who cumulatively could not change a spark plug. I should expect that the new Mercedes S600 will have a Paxton on it with auxilliary injectors and water / methanol injection. Yeah right.
Jason your recollection needs correction. You forgot about the DLM blower car that waxed your a$$ in Bradington Florida. The one with the extra injectors and stock motor. I dont think it had water on it lol.

Max

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what would be a great idea. Lets have some unbiased, impartial Viper owners drive both cars and give us a little review. Aside from how fast each car is I'd like to hear what people think about the build quality, drivability and so on. That would be interesting.

What a nice idea Jason... Manny and Jeff, I volunteer to drive your cars so I can give everyone an unbiased opinion. Just let me know where and when... Better yet, let's meet at California Dragway on May 29th.

It's no doubt that both cars are incredible. It will come down to driver and how well a track is prep'd.

Jeff - you seem to laugh at Manny's times at Carlsbad. Have you taken your car with it's current set up at a drag strip or track?

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, do you really think you can get that extra power to the ground and ET like a supercharged car?

Chad

I do think so. At this point, all of the turbo cars that we have taken to the track ahev had Eibach springs. These are not typically condicive to good traction. Once we get a customer that is willing to dedicate a little time to drag racing, our friend Dr. Roof I feel that the turbo cars will really hold thier own.

Max, like I said no other blower car has run as good or better than Sal P's car. Not even the car that Doug was driving in Bradenton. Our best E.T of the day was a 9.72. The class we were running in would not permit us to run quicker than 9.90. Therefore we turned the boost down which would also explain why our car ran 4 mph slower than with the boost turned up. This is called a "race strategy". If you ever decide to pull your car out of the garage and take it to the track you may begin to learn about some of this.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now you have to wait for the "right customer." Hopefully you get somebody that wants to run a number as bad as you do.

I for one would love to see what a turbo car can do.

Chad

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Max, like I said no other blower car has run as good or better than Sal P's car. Not even the car that Doug was driving in Bradenton. Our best E.T of the day was a 9.72. The class we were running in would not permit us to run quicker than 9.90. Therefore we turned the boost down which would also explain why our car ran 4 mph slower than with the boost turned up. This is called a "race strategy". If you ever decide to pull your car out of the garage and take it to the track you may begin to learn about some of this.
so when you get beat by a stock motor DLM car its called "race strategy"???
thx, i'll have to try that excuse sometime :2tu:

Max

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Max, when Doug beat me to the finish line it was called "losing". He ran quicker than the allowed 9.90 which is why he took home the second place trophy and I took home first.

Please do us all a favor and refrain from commenting on subjects that you are not properly educated on.

Chad, the right customer will come along soon enough. It takes a pretty sick mind to do something like that but I'm sure it will happen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire