Yellow Viper siting - WHERE?

Jack

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A friend in the Air Force is stationed at Keflavic, Iceland. He was in Reykjavik a couple of weeks ago and saw a yellow Viper coming around the corner. I think I remember reading in Car & Driver a few months back sonething like 80% of the roads in Iceland are unpaved, and the most sought after (practical) vehicles are SUVs. Some people just gotta have a Viper no matter where they live I guess.
BTW, anyone know the story on why one '97 RT/10 was made with no stripe? Was that the first or last blue RT produced that year or was it a special order?

Jack Janney
'97 Blue Rt/10

OP
OP
J

Jack

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tony,
Sorry for the confusion. Mine is just one of the common blue with white stripes. But I've wondered about why Dodge built the one blue without stripes ever since seeing it on the vin info page. I remember seeing an add for it on this site want ads about a year ago. By the time I was ready to buy, it was long sold. When I started looking for a '97, there were about 4 up for sale, but when I e-mailed the owner I either got no reply back or told it had already been sold. I ended up buying mine from a dealer in Wilmington, DE and according to carfax it originally came from Long Island. I haven't seen another blue/white RT for sale since I bought mine.
Another curious thing I noticed looking at the current issue of Viper magazine breakout with sales by state is that half of all the '97 RTs were sold in MI.

Jack Janney
blue/white '97 RT

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Jack came all the way out to DE to buy a viper...that amuses me.....of course Viper Shopping is about the only interesting thing you can do in DE fully clothed, but that's a topic for another post.