Your opinion

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
been thinking of powdercoating my calipers black, here is a pictures of where I blacked out the red calipers and another where they are still red, What looks better???
Picture_0991.jpg

blackCal.JPG

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do like the red. It lets you know that you do not have small brakes. It also sets the wheels off.

Bruce

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 on the calipers should stand out. Even if they are not red, but body or stripe color (assuming the car is not black...) then that is better than "hiding" them from the visual palette.

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the red and think it goes well with the red tail lights (not shown in a pic) and the red SRT 10 logo Wallbanger showed.

If you are going to change the caliper color I'd go with SSG instead of Black. Maybe SSG with black letters or red letters if you do the Wallbanger SRT 10 treatment.

Both cars look great!

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually thought of the lettering VIPER on the calipers in the snakeskin green color...

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually thought of the lettering VIPER on the calipers in the snakeskin green color...

that would look cool with the red calipers...you could also do the "SRT" on your rims in SSG....

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or.... SSG with black letters, Or........ Black with snakskin green viper lettering, there is so much you can do its just confusing.

Wallbanger,
the srt10 red emblems look good with the red calipers, i never thought it would, looks good........

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SSG calipers with silver black or red lettering.

Silver would be subtle and blend in with the wheels.
Black would match your stripes and be subtle too.
Red would stand out and still be appropriate.

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green and red together=Christmas. Paint the calipers, and then tint the rear side markers and tails.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with the black !!!

Red calipers on a Viper looks as good as red fingernail polish on a Heavyweight boxer !

Red shouts, "Hey look at me1 I have brakes! Big ones!"

Well, duh !

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing that has always made SSG look "cheesy" to me, was having the brake calipers red. To me it just doesnt look right with that color. There are a couple of other colors on the Viper that get the "cheesy" look with big red brake calipers as well.

Ive always thought having the brake calipers on SSG be silver would take away that "cheesy" look. Like some said, black fades in too much, but silver seems to show them enough, without making them stand out too much. Also, its still an aggressive color.

Just my .02 cents.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with the black !!!

Red calipers on a Viper looks as good as red fingernail polish on a Heavyweight boxer !

Red shouts, "Hey look at me I have brakes! Big ones!"

Well, duh !

I second this motion. I have a dislike for red brakes especially on SSG.

It says: "Hey big boy, trying to make up for something with those BIG Red Brakes?" :omg:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silver we work with SSG.

Here is a sample of silver calipers on my E55...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. These posts about not wanting others to see any aggressiveness in the wheel wells, by color hiding the brakes.

On a Viper.

:rolleyes:

Ladies, they do that on Taurus's because no one cares, but on a sports car it is supposed to look aggressive. I mean, what's your next move, whine about the body looking like a mean ass sports car? :lmao:

Moral of story: If you want a car that Michelangelo could write poetry about I suggest one of those really old and bland Ferrari's you see on the History Channel. Or just drop the V10 in the Taurus and your brakes will look perfect like you want them.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. These posts about not wanting others to see any aggressiveness in the wheel wells, by color hiding the brakes.
Ladies, they do that on Taurus's because no one cares, but on a sports car it is supposed to look aggressive. I mean, what's your next move, whine about the body looking like a mean ass sports car? :lmao:

Moral of story: If you want a car that Michelangelo could write poetry about I suggest one of those really old and bland Ferrari's you see on the History Channel. Or just drop the V10 in the Taurus and your brakes will look perfect like you want them.

An automotive fashion lesson from the owner of a red Viper with white hood vents? :smirk:

To each his own. I don't wear my hat on backwards, nor have I gotten earrings either. I guess that sometimes my fashion sense is just not up to date.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte