Your opinion

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. These posts about not wanting others to see any aggressiveness in the wheel wells, by color hiding the brakes.

On a Viper.
:rolleyes:
Ladies, they do that on Taurus's because no one cares, but on a sports car it is supposed to look aggressive. I mean, what's your next move, whine about the body looking like a mean ass sports car? :lmao:

Moral of story: If you want a car that Michelangelo could write poetry about I suggest one of those really old and bland Ferrari's you see on the History Channel. Or just drop the V10 in the Taurus and your brakes will look perfect like you want them.

I think I am going to paint my brakes red on my 2005 Ford Five Hundred now (the car is white). You have fired me up Dave!!! :D

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An automotive fashion lesson from the owner of a red Viper with white hood vents? :smirk:

To each his own. I don't wear my hat on backwards, nor have I gotten earrings either. I guess that sometimes my fashion sense is just not up to date.

:rolaugh: Hey wait a minute, my colors were red and white...well, not hood vents...;).

Seriously though, the color combo that burned my retinas was orange with the red calipers. I was seriously considering an orange vert when I purchased my red 08. The car looked great but the profile with the red calipers threw me off a bit.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An automotive fashion lesson from the owner of a red Viper with white hood vents? :smirk:

To each his own. I don't wear my hat on backwards, nor have I gotten earrings either. I guess that sometimes my fashion sense is just not up to date.

Ensuring your car looks aggressive relates how to fashion? :dunno:

No, it does not. Never did, never will when it comes to sports cars. It has to do with the size of your manhood and if you care to brag about it. The color of my hood vents once again have nothing to do with it. Nice try. :smirk:

And since I'm certain the hat and earing comments were aimed at me, I don't wear my hat anything but 12:00 proud, and when I was growing up males that wore earrings were faggots.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ensuring your car looks aggressive relates how to fashion? :dunno:

No, it does not. Never did, never will when it comes to sports cars. It has to do with the size of your manhood and if you care to brag about it. The color of my hood vents once again have nothing to do with it. Nice try. :smirk:

And since I'm certain the hat and earing comments were aimed at me, I don't wear my hat anything but 12:00 proud, and when I was growing up males that wore earrings were faggots.

Actually, the hat and earring comment was not meant to be aimed at you. The hood vents was; but, I had hoped in a friendly way.

My hat and earring comment related to fashions created by younger folks. They think that it looks cool because everybody does it. Before the first guys did it, it was thought of as ******** or ***.

I do, personally believe that the painted red calipers are an automotive fashion statement like the hat and earings. It is relatively new, and does not show up on what I think of as classic sportscars that I lusted after as a kid. I'm not saying that it is a bad thing. I just don't like the look since it is widespead on all of the performance cars and the posers. The OP asked for an opinion, and that's mine. The hat and earrings comment says that I am not following a trend just because everyone else does.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, really.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go with SSG calipers and black "VIPER" logo, I wish the calipers were like this on my SSG ACR, but I am leaving it 100% stock.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On SSG I don't like the red calipers. I think black would look better but SSG would look the best.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Red makes a great statement, but if you dont like the red go with SSG with black lettering. That will blend in with the rest of the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte