Z06 - Finally, some truly objective information!!!

trumper Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOT Making excuses by any means but it's well known C&D can't drive for spit. Poor times for BOTH cars.

I just got my issue of C&D and they have a 3.6 0-60 time for the Z06. 1/4 mile in 11.7.

If that is poor times, I can't imagine what a good driver could do.

:D :D

;) Road & Crap always has posted the slowest times for American Iron, when compared to other magazines.

:smirk: Car & Driver, Motor Trend, and Auto-Week seem more consistant.

The new C-6 Z06 is good for...

Zero to 60 in ~ 3.7 seconds, quarter mile in 11.7 seconds @ ~ 125 mph.

This is much quicker than my ole C-5 Z06, which averages ~ 12.3 seconds @ 116 mph. in the qtr. mile.

Interesting that this is the same time that Road & Crap shows for the new model, HUH !

;) Ahh... First Gear is now good to " 62 MPH. ", enabling a zero to 60 run without Shifting !!!

The new Z06 runs Corvette's standard 6 speed, not the lower ratio 6 speed that was used in the C-5 Z06 !!!

Now lets look at the C-6 Z06... with an engine putting out 505 HP. in a car weighing 3132 lbs.!

Good Engineering would expect the performance of the new C-6 Z06 to be better than the HEAVIER Viper.

Ergo... test results prove the theory !!! David Hill and his team designed the new Z06 to compete with the current European Exotics... not last year's Viper.

:D Y'all might want to look up Auto-Week's test report ( Sept. 5, 2005 issue), for some real insight into the new Z06's performance.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:smirk: Car & Driver, Motor Trend, and Auto-Week seem more consistant.

Car & Driver has always been biased in favor of the Corvette! C&D editor Csaba Csere had his lips stuck to (Vette engr) Dave Hills butt for years! Hill is so delusional, he still thinks the C5 Z06 can run to 60 in 4 secs flat! :rolleyes: Together those two would make a great comedy team! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte