Z06/SRT/Cobra

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HELL NO!! Edmunds said that the Viper doesn't have a cup holder... :D

Honestly, the Z-06 is a great car for the buck, but you can see corvettes a dime a dozen. I think what sums up this is the sentence about the 13 year old boy...Ask any 13 year old what poster of a car he has hanging in his room and they will say Viper. I had 2 corvettes and both were great. This is my 2nd Viper and no other cars I have owned gets this many thumbs up, yelling and rolling traffic jams on the streets.

ROB

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wiseasp - I completely agree with you! Corvettes were the only Amercian sports car I saw driving from New Orleans to Los Angeles. I saw no Vipers at all on that trip, but many Vettes. They are very good value, but they have nothing like the attention getting ability of the Viper - nor are they as muscular!

There's a big difference between high winding power and massive torque.

Where I live I can't even drive to work without driving past Porsche's, Mercs, Audi's, Jags etc etc every day - AMG E55's, M55's, you name it. A Porsche GT3, GT2 or Turbo are all fantastic cars - you'd know as you have one - but the shape is so common, no-one but an enthusiast takes any real notice of them on the road - nothing by comparison to the Viper. A Viper parked attracts a crowd in my experience only rivalled by a Lambo. Ferrari are too common around here too, they get looks but won't pull a crowd. The Viper does.... they are the ultimate attention getter for the dollar - which can be good and bad I guess. Hard to be anonymous in a Viper ;)

I haven't read the article referred to on this thread but from experience I've noticed that Magazine reviews (esp. UK) often don't speak for the average person, in fact some of the crap the critics write is just such B.S. you have to wonder if they've been paid to write that, or maybe they're just prejudiced tossers.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
A bit of Viper fanatic cut and paste yielded:

"Drag strip testing yielded a 0-to-60 time of four seconds flat and a quarter-mile time of just 12 seconds at over 120 mph. All three numbers represent the fastest times we've ever recorded in their respective categories."

"When it comes to raw power and eye-watering acceleration that leaves passengers wondering why they wanted a ride in the first place, the Viper has no equal"

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torquemonster,

You are correct sir. The Porsche 996 TT is a great car. As for people knowing what it is, that is another story. I like the car, but I also want to be different. One guy at a gas station even asked me if it was a Honda Civic :eek: . That is why I ordered a Bentley GT and will be selling the Porsche TT in the summer. I will be keeping the Viper :D .

ROB

OP
OP
I

inVision

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear what you guys are saying. Sometimes I like to be noticed and sometimes I don't. The Z06 is nice in that you get top class performance but you can park at the supermarket and not have everyone staring at you. I'm a young guy and often when I go out and party I don't always find myself in the nicest of areas. My next car will be an in your face car though. Viper? GT40? Bentley GT? Well, that's why I joined this site...

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A HONDA CIVIC!!??

Wiseasp that's terrible! :D funny tho

must have been an inbreed..... did he have bullet holes on the side of his truck and a gun rack on the back?

You'll miss the 996TT. They are just so well engineered and capable.

But cruising along the interstate in your new Bentley GT will help get over it ;) must be the ultimate cruiser!

Those are some luxurious beasties... Bentley Turbos are torquemonsters like the Viper :)

I like the Bentley a lot more than the Maybach for styling and elegeance. The Maybach is for back seat riding only. Bentley has done very well now it is on its own - in fact they are no longer second fiddle to the old and crusty Rolls Royce - over here at least they outsell RR easily - mainly because they are better cars. A friend of mine has had 4 Rolls and although he loved them for craftmanship, he admitted they were all crap mechanically and electricly. (Its that darn UK electrical giant "Lucas" prodidgy of Sir Joseph Lucas - "Prince of Darkness" that plagued all the British cars for years). He reckons he's broken down on every major intersection in LA and never owned one that did not break down somewhere! His favourite was the all white Corniche convertible he bought off Rod Stewart after a casual remark from Rod that he might get rid of it.

I remember him telling me about his decision to buy a new RR (hoping that would be better), only to come out into his garage one morning to go to work and find the floor covered in oil - the RR V8 had dropped its entire load over night.... he phoned and RR sent out their service truck (as you know they load them under cover so no one can see them being towed) and when the guy saw what had happened he said without thinking "Oh yeah... they're always doing that!" :eek:

My friend replied "What!!!? Are you mad!!!??? I've just spent almost $200k on a car and your telling me they always do that?" :mad:

...that was the last RR ;)

Bentley have been better engineered cars ever since their first turbo. All the old Chrysler 400 block and the small port RR heads needed was some basic blueprinting to stop leaking and breaking, and Bentley's turbo engines got that. Bentley trades on quality engineering as well as craftmanship, not tradition like RR.

I tried to get a look over the new Bugatti Veyron a few days ago down at the America's Cup village, but it was an invitation viewing only, and as I wasn't one of Dennis Connors (from Stars and Stripes syndicate) sponsors - I didn't get invited in. They're going to be quite something don't you think?

Happy Vipering in your SRT10! That's one fine car!

OP
OP
I

inVision

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig 201 MPH,

Thanks for that site! Free too! Well here's my R the funnest automobile I've ever owned...

You must be registered for see images

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear what you guys are saying. Sometimes I like to be noticed and sometimes I don't. The Z06 is nice in that you get top class performance but you can park at the supermarket and not have everyone staring at you. I'm a young guy and often when I go out and party I don't always find myself in the nicest of areas. My next car will be an in your face car though. Viper? GT40? Bentley GT? Well, that's why I joined this site...

I'm young too, and park my viper everywhere - outside clubs (including exotic), parking garages, on the street, on my front yard, on friend's farms - drive it to enjoy it.

nitro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torquemoster said it right. "Corvettes were the only Amercian sports car" The Vette and Cobra R I consider sports cars not an Exotic like the Viper. To me the Viper is like Salma Hayek standing in front of you with her two beauties in your face. :)

http://www.salma.com/pics/pics/salma41.jpg

OP
OP
I

inVision

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm young too, and park my viper everywhere - outside clubs (including exotic), parking garages, on the street, on my front yard, on friend's farms - drive it to enjoy it.

Are you serious? And nothing has happened to your Viper yet? Wow, we have lots of haters in So. Cal. I've had cars keyed, spit on, sat on, even had plaster poured on a brand new car.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Invision,

I live in SoCal also, and have never had any of the things you mentioned done to any of my cars. Have you considered that it might be someone out to specificialy get you?

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ditto. Only problem I've ever had is letting the girlfriend drive it (she get's paint chips) and a bad valet incident.

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bentley - yes!
GT40 - ugh.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte