Zerex Racing Super Coolant Works

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper owners, Probably only applies to track racers since regular street drivers like me run fine with regular antifreeze.

I read about this coolant in Car&Driver. It has no freezing protection but can be mixed with antifreeze. It's only corrosion protection and allows you to run water without rusting your system. It has 50% more cooling capacity than ethelyne-glycol. That means 25% overall since antifreeze is usually a 50-50 mix in your car.

Ordered last week directly from Valvoline 800-teamval, first test. My Dad has a 69 Roadrunner and uncle also has 69 Roadrunner. Both have 440's, one a 6 pack. In Michigan, in August, they puke in slow traffic. With this stuff they are both running 15 degrees cooler and didn't puke during Woodward. It works!

Here's the deal if you are interested. Can only order by calling. Min order is 6 quarts.

1. Get antifreeze out - If you flush system with distilled water, get as much antifreeze out as possible. This stuff mixes fine with antifreeze but the more in the system will reduce the effectiveness. Don't just drain radiator and fill up with this as you won't see much improvement. If you flush with tap water and get all out of block you are good. I don't use tap water in my Viper so I drain and fill radiator 4 times with distilled, cycling through engine each time to get 95% of it out.

2. Drain radiator final time - Mix 1 quart to 9 quarts distilled water. Buy 2 1/2 gal distilled jugs, discard one quart, add one quart coolant, mix up. Fill up.

3. Determine how much water is in block (subtract how much came out of radiator the first time you drained it from the overall capacity) and add straight 10% coolant (not mixture in 2 1/2 gal).

4. Burp hoses, top off, add mixture to overflow bottle, and all the normal things.

BEFORE WINTER STORAGE - DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU FORGET THIS
Drain radiator, add antifreeze, cycle through engine, store car

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
could you tell us where to call to order this stuff?
How much is it per quart?
Is is legit? does it really give you corrosion protection?
Thanks!!
how much didi you added 2 qarts?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds alot like Water Wetter. Water has a much higher thermal transfer capability than antifreeze does... but we need both. I know Redline says the best cooling is WW and distilled water.

I would love to know how the two compare. I know some have said WW + water isn't all that much better than 50/50 mix... sounds like this stuff is alot better!

OP
OP

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To order call 1800teamval. Min 6 quarts. Turns out to be a little over $60 with shipping, maybe close to $70, my Dad ordered it.

It is corrosion protection only. It allows you to use water only which has 50% more heat transfer ability than ethelyne-glycol (antifreeze). This is simply why it works.

Make sure you get as much of your current antifreeze out before adding (flush well with whatever method you use).

Mix 10% so 1 quart makes 2 1/2 gallons. I did not use this in my Viper because I'm only a street guy with no heat problems.

You have to add antifreeze back in before winter.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why only 10%, is that what's recommended?
why not 30% or the 50%?
I think 10% is not enough for corrosion protection in a 4 gal. system..

OP
OP

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10% is on the bottle.

This is what is confusing to everyone. Adding 20%, 30% 50% will not work. It will lower your cooling capacity. This is not more efficient than water.

This is only corrosion protection. It allows you to use straight water (no antifreeze). This is why it works because water is 50% more efficient than antifreeze.

If I used it I would probably use 11 or 12% just because I'm paranoid but I wouldn't go over that.

Again, flush well, get all antifreeze out so this can work well. Do not just drain the radiator.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4