?Zero Interest Loans, More Discounts, Monday 1/26?

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, The dealer just called me and said he has reconsidered about the Discount, come on in and lets talk...I will let you all know..Personally I don't like his tactics so I don't think I would buy from him..

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think you are learning what employees and employee families have known all along. Employee discounts do not apply to cars in high demand. Not now and not ever. You see the employee purchase program can be excluded at the option of the dealer. Dealers are independent businesses and do not have to comply. I have never purchased a high demand car at anything less than the going public rate in 26 years. In addition Vipers (and all SRT products) previously were always excluded at the corporate level except for 3 periods (1995 for a 6 month period, 2006, and now on 2008/9).

For those of you (and I know there are some here) that have received CDI rates for SRT vehicles you received a better deal than employees......

Informative tidbit....... Thanks.
As I recall the 2006 period was for 04-05 unsold units.......I dont think it aplied to the 06 in that current year.

I agree, NOW (MONDAY) is the time to pull the trigger on Dealer Stock..

And on 09-orders too. I stuck my neck way out last week because I THINK a small allocation of some in-demand colors will be added. Tick-Tock

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Went to local dealer, has 6 Challengers on lot. Was told ..... we are not giving it on the Challenger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8_ASP
the employee purchase program can be excluded at the option of the dealer. Dealers are independent businesses and do not have to comply.

Wow, The dealer just called me and said he has reconsidered about the Discount, come on in and lets talk...I will let you all know..Personally I don't like his tactics so I don't think I would buy from him..

They were just sizing you up. Its a COMMON, almost legendary call-back technique with game-playing local dealers that dont know you well..... I frequently would WALK and WAIT if there are options. Thats how I got the best deal on Charger Daytona RT and an SRT-4 and a Dakota RT. Walk and Wait.

NOW: You have the upper hand.....(while they have 6 units that is)

Last edited:

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't imagine there is no employee pricing on Challengers. Supplier pricing is 1% below invoice...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't imagine there is no employee pricing on Challengers. Supplier pricing is 1% below invoice...
The question was specific to SRT8 Challengers. Normal Challengers do indeed get the discount.

And Jon the 2006 employee discount was on 2006 convertibles only. A few dealers got away with applying it toward 2008 convertibles as well before a programming error was corrected (I know of only 1 purchase in that regard).

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ahhh - thanks for the clarification GR8 ASP. I should have remembered that from when I bought my '07 Superbee - no supplier discount due to SRT8.

Blazeone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A local guy here in Houston just bought an SRT8 Challenger for employee price plus 0%. Made the deal on Friday and is closing on Monday.

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A local guy here in Houston just bought an SRT8 Challenger for employee price plus 0%. Made the deal on Friday and is closing on Monday.

I was with him on Saturday when he made the deal. He bought an Orange SRT-8 Challenger for employee price, plus a $1,000 rebate for financing through Chrysler Financial plus 0% financing for 36 months. The 48 and 60 rate is 2.9%. Now is definitely the time to buy an SRT product!!

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can Iask what the sticker was and what did he pay...I was going to pay cash but zero financing with a 1000.00 back..
Thanks,

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the name of that dealer in Houston???? I was told Saturday from a well connected, well known, well respected dealer on this forum that the best SRT 8 Challenger financing was in the 5% range and no 0% with little or no discount. Was that on an 08 SRT 8 Challenger in Houston perhaps?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just got mine for about the same price as the guy in houston.. i did not use the financing... i must say this is a stunner of a car .. the interior, electronics, smooth ride are all outstanding.the red is awesome..GRA..ASP is correct that dealers can choose not to honor the employee pricing because back in june of 06 chrysler/jeep had employee pricing but all my local dealers excluded the srt8 jeep.. i ended up purchasing it out of state from a dealer who honored the pricing... just wait a week or two and you will see the deals pop up on autotrader....

Next step is chrome rims with red lettering, hawk pads , flash, cai, exhaust,

c111.JPG

c4.JPG

c3.JPG

Last edited:

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a beauty Wallbanger! I went to a dealer last week and they wanted to run my credit just to let me test drive one. I can understand if I drove up in some hoopty but I was in a 50K dollar lifted 3500 Ram with 24 inch rims. I tried talking to the sales Mgr. but he obviously didn't want to sell a car that bad. I will never buy from a ******* again...I made that mistake once because I really wanted a street bike in high demand when they first came out and regretted it afterward.

I hope I can pick one up with the employee pricing and 0% financing at another dealership.

I know there's no comparison to a Viper, but is the power pretty impressive?

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A neighbor of mine gave himself a '09 SRT8 Challenger for Christmas, and did some exhaust work to the car. I don't know what else he did, but the soundtrack is direct from Daytona. I can't believe how raucous the engine note is - better, dare I say it, than our beloved Vipers by a margin.

Wallbanger, I see you got a sunroof equipped car. Did the car just happened to come that way, or did you prefer that option? It seems to be a point of contention amongst the old school purists whether the hole in the roof should be there or not.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MSRP was $44,535 and his sale price was approximately $39,400.

Good deal but I think you can do better. I dont see any
additional discount plus dealer did not give up any holdback.

Thats just for starters. Keep in mind that each dealer is
independent and can sell a car for whatever they want.
Some will do better just to stop paying interest on the
car sitting on the lot.

Call me CRAZY but I see this deal as leaving thousands
on the table . :dunno:

YES, THOUSANDS.

Blazeone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whats the name of that dealer in Houston???? I was told Saturday from a well connected, well known, well respected dealer on this forum that the best SRT 8 Challenger financing was in the 5% range and no 0% with little or no discount. Was that on an 08 SRT 8 Challenger in Houston perhaps?

Tomball Dodge, yes SRT8. Orange and loaded.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a beauty Wallbanger! I went to a dealer last week and they wanted to run my credit just to let me test drive one. I can understand if I drove up in some hoopty but I was in a 50K dollar lifted 3500 Ram with 24 inch rims. I tried talking to the sales Mgr. but he obviously didn't want to sell a car that bad. I will never buy from a ******* again...I made that mistake once because I really wanted a street bike in high demand when they first came out and regretted it afterward.

I hope I can pick one up with the employee pricing and 0% financing at another dealership.

I know there's no comparison to a Viper, but is the power pretty impressive?

i purchased mine from a dealer in oklahoma city,, as soon as i said i was interested in a challenger the salesman said "well, lets go drive one"

The power is great.. i used to have a srt8 jeep with the same engine so i knew what to expect.. the challenger gets way better mpg than the jeep.. must be the all wheel drive on the jeep i guess...cai , tune and exhaust will hopefully open her up a bit...

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A neighbor of mine gave himself a '09 SRT8 Challenger for Christmas, and did some exhaust work to the car. I don't know what else he did, but the soundtrack is direct from Daytona. I can't believe how raucous the engine note is - better, dare I say it, than our beloved Vipers by a margin.

Wallbanger, I see you got a sunroof equipped car. Did the car just happened to come that way, or did you prefer that option? It seems to be a point of contention amongst the old school purists whether the hole in the roof should be there or not.

vipercr8zy can you find out more specifics on the exhaust work.. i presume he changed out the mufflers, took out the resonator and maybe added an x pipe.. if he purchased a brand of catback then let me know.. thanks...

the car came with all the options including sunroof

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, too bad the '09 ACR isn't covered.....what about if I found a leftover '08 ACR? (say a dealer's personal car still on MSO) Would it get the zero percent financing?

Regards,
Aaron

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
iw as told buy a dealership srt8s challengers will only give 1k off with financing with chrysler,i dont see where the deal is?

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are learning what employees and employee families have known all along. Employee discounts do not apply to cars in high demand. Not now and not ever. You see the employee purchase program can be excluded at the option of the dealer. Dealers are independent businesses and do not have to comply. I have never purchased a high demand car at anything less than the going public rate in 26 years. In addition Vipers (and all SRT products) previously were always excluded at the corporate level except for 3 periods (1995 for a 6 month period, 2006, and now on 2008/9).

For those of you (and I know there are some here) that have received CDI rates for SRT vehicles you received a better deal than employees.

It's true that the dealer can choose to not participate in the program - but that means they can't participate AT ALL. They are specifically told that they can not include some cars and not others (within the bounds specified by Chrysler). For example, they are expressly forbidden from participating on some deals and not on others (where they can make more money by not participating). It's an all in or all out program...

Bummer that ACRs are not included in the deal this time around... But it is getting closer! Just wait 'till a purchase of assets is in the works - if this happens anything like companies that I've sold in the past, there is going to be a rabid frenzy to turn hard assets into cash in a big, quick way...

funky977

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading the fine print, 0% does not apply to the Viper. Can anyone refute this? Please...I would like to add a VVO-C w/black stripes.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Good deal but I think you can do better. I dont see any
additional discount plus dealer did not give up any holdback.

So along those lines, can anyone give me an idea as to what the holdback is on a new 08 Viper Coupe.? I'm dealing on one now.

Thanks

Reaction score
I have a buddy of mine, who currently drives a 2009 Dodge Challanger R/T.

He just called and told me his dealer called him this morning to tell him about employee pricing on an 09 Viper coupe.

The salesman also told him about the 0% financing and $1,000 cash back if he financed through Chyrsler Financial.

He asked me if I was aware of any additional cash rebates on top of employee pricing because the salesman didn't mention any.

Anyone know?

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so is the 08 discount no longer available?_-the 20?--or have they extended the 20 off to the 09s

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang