ZR-1 Didn't want to play!

Sean 96 McViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ZR-1 Didn\'t want to play!

I saw a Black ZR-1 on I-95 yesterday. So I hit the gas a little, to get closer. He saw me coming and sped up. I assumed he was playing around so I floored it to catch up. He was getting off an exit so I pulled in front of him and got off as well. The exit led to another highway so I slowed down to make him pass, but the guy wouldn't have any. He stayed right behind me going 40. He must have been embarrassed by a Viper before!

Some people are just no fun. I run into this a lot. Corvette owner's always rev their engine when they pass you on the opposite side of the street. But, pull up next to one, and they just don't want to play!

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: ZR-1 Didn\'t want to play!

I wouldn't be so sure about that; especially if you're talking about a ZR-1!

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Dear Sean;

I was thinking about your ZR-1 post, and remembered a ticket I got right after our second child was born. We went out to celebrate (I thought moderately), ate dinner, and drove the baby sitter home in my newly rebuilt Porsche 914-6. This particular Porsche was no ***** machine, as I had the engine beefed up to a wild version of a 911S.

Basically, I goosed the Porsche (not the sitter) and hit about 70 in a 25 in less than a block! I got nailed, no DWI, but it scared the hell out of me. My street stupidity days are over, as I had to attend driving school, court, probation, and insurance. I'll never say never, but watch out! Go to the track if you have one.

I am a Lancaster, PA raised 44 year old. Does PA. still have the York US-30 Dragway? I am just a geezer, but street racing can cost you a lot. The ZR-1 just might have been watching out.

Yours in senility,

Jim

OP
OP
S

Sean 96 McViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Come on, you guys are saying a ZR-1 can beat a viper from a rolling start at around 40 mph? That's right around the time you need to start considering drag to power rather than weight to power and the viper's got the ZR-1 beat in that category.

And the ZR-1 wasn't worried about getting nailed because he sped up to around 90 when he saw me approaching.

I don't want you guys to think I'm a maniac. I don't going looking for races often, people usually challenge me. When I do race I usually keep speeds under 70, that's usually all the time you need to show them who's boss.

Come on I'm 24 and have a Viper, I try to contain myself, but sometimes the the pedal on the right just calls my name.
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62