01,02 owners with VEC1

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guys,
i just had my Roe VEC1 installed today.
I know mods matter so here is what i have: chrome smooth tubes, filters,randomtech cats,B&B catback.
and i was wondering what setting do 01 and 02 owners use?
I tried it out for a short ride tonight (20 mins) and WOW!
it is just awesome 55-80mph is almost instantaneous!
but 45-55mph could be better i think.. more like the 55-80mph performance.

here is where my settings are for now:

low +12 high -16

Just curious what settings other "creampuffs" are using.
Any help appricated.
thanks
Jim

S

SUN RA KAT

I had headers in addition to close to what you are running & I usually had mine set at low +12 high -20. I sometimes ran +12/-16 depending upon the weather and whether I had 93 octane or 94 octane gas in it.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim,

I just had a VEC-1 installed on my 2000 R/T 10, and had it dyno tuned last week. My car has a Archer Racing airbox, S&B filters, smooth tubes, Crower roller rockers, Roe high flow cats, 3.55 gears, and Corsa cat back exhaust. And with the tuning of the VEC-1 set to Low +6, High -12 we smoothed out the A/F curve and gained 11RWHP/7RWTQ. Not bad.

From what I've read the optimal settings vary quite a bit from one car to another.

-Dean.

S

SUN RA KAT

Well, I sure thought so...

Now that I have the VEC2 I will be putting my old VEC1 into my heavily modded Ram truck instead of selling it.

Matter of fact - you find the correct settings for the VEC1 by SOTP and watching the LED display. It's pretty easy to get the settings set correctly and part of the instructions state set the high setting by running at full throttle and adjust so the left blue LED comes on. The low setting is found by SOTP by accellerating at low throttle pressure and adjusting until you no longer notice an improvement in performance and then turn the setting back one notch.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+12 -20. I know my car is running leaner just by the way it decelerates from high RPM. It used to snap, crackle, pop off a lot more. Sounded good, but it's unburned gas coming out. On a dyno, my car (stock) was at 10.2:1 A/F ratio in the power range--of course I had some MIL problems as well. That is really rich. I dynoed at 430HP/465 torque then. I'm getting re-tested with the same machine in a couple weeks. I'll try one run at '0's and the above settings.

Steve

OP
OP
J

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nexus-6.
this is not just a SOTP mod. it is real HP
Per the Roe website it picks up around 14HP and 16lbs torque.

Steve 00RT/10,
those are good #'s what mods do you have?

guys,
thanks for the input, i see it varies alot but i am shooting for perfection.
I will just need more seat time to find tune it.

thanks
Jim :)

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve 00RT/10,
those are good #'s what mods do you have?

When I said stock--I should have said stock computer. I've had tubes and filters since it was almost new. 2 years ago I added The complete Belanger system -- 'staight thru.' That triggered the MIL's and poor A/F results on the dyno. I have since added rear 02 sims,Cragin front 02's, and the VEC1. The latter two were bought last year in Nashville. Now that my lights are gone, I am hoping the VEC1 will improve my A/F ratio. I believe the only way to know is the dyno. Only problem is a dyno is a 500 mile ride to get to one. (I guess we'll just have to throw in some Gingerman track time to the ride in 2 weeks)

Steve