01 RT10 door speaker problem

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got the infamous speaker problem in my drivers side door. However the wire is not broken in the wire loom by the door hinge. I've traced back to underneath the steeting wheel, still no voltage to the speaker wires....what should the voltage be???

Could the problem be at the receiver? I know this has been discussed before, I did take a look using the search feature, I don't have time as a paying VCA member to search through a bunch of threads of people asking why sound doesn't come out of the the hood speakers.....haha..

Any helpful input is appreciated...thanks!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaker voltage really isn't measureable like you'd expect to see tracing 12 volts around. First thing I'd do is swap the speakers side to side and see if the problem stays or moves.

OP
OP
V

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah both speakers work, continuity test passes from underneath the steering wheel to speaker location....I'm thinking maybe something in the amp is suspect.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stock wiring ... I had a problem that my aftermarketwiring at the DIN cable was shorting out on the inner brace and causing intermitten sound defeat to the left side from the head unit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang