04 red SRT whats it worth?

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just bought the car and love it, but I saw a blue convertable at the local dealership and must have it. My car is as follows:

Red
chrome wheels
10,600 miles very clean
very slight curb rash(not by me) on one of the wheels.
very very good condition.

What could I realistically sale this car for on ebay or on one of the viper sites?

OP
OP

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They gave me a ridiculous trade in value. They hardly get any vipers and think someone will do anything to buy one.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They gave me a ridiculous trade in value. They hardly get any vipers and think someone will do anything to buy one.

It might not be in your best interest to buy from this dealer.
Why not give one of the dealers who sponsor this board a call? Have Roanoke, Woodhouse and Tators give you a quote.
I would be willing to bet that your local dealer offered you low 50's for your car. Am I close?
Good Luck. :2tu:

Wifey's Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would guess with your mileage maybe 58-60k tops. There are two 2003's with 2-4K miles going for 56k here in Chicago and Luxury has had them for 4 months.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would guess with your mileage maybe 58-60k tops. There are two 2003's with 2-4K miles going for 56k here in Chicago and Luxury has had them for 4 months.

Drat...so those red calipers on the '04s aren't worth an extra ten grand?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They probably will be sitting with it a long time. There is a '03 by me here that has been for sale for the whole year, no takers at 65K. Has 4K miles. They are nuts, thats 10K too high and it still won't sell. It's are at a Porsche dealer, of course.

OP
OP

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
they were going to give me 50k and wanted sticker for the theirs. I plan on purchasing from one of the dealers on this sight but must sale mine 1st. When I saw the blue I decided that is the color I want. I need $58,000 for mine to get out of it. Which I think is a great price.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a 2004 with your mileage you are looking at between $59,000 - $62,000 for a private sale. Have to keep in mind people are getting good deals on 2005's around the high $60's and decent lower mileage examples of 2003's for the mid to high $50's.

Trade in I am sure they are going to kill you somewhere around low $50's.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You know you could paint your '04 blue!!

Relatively speaking, a Viper looks like an easy car to paint.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know you could paint your '04 blue!!

Relatively speaking, a Viper looks like an easy car to paint.

Not really,you would have to strip the car to get the correct color in the engine bay,under side of hood,doors,trunk; prospective buyer in the future would always question the wisdom or reason for doing so. Former red paint traces could cause someone to believe it had been wrecked.

OP
OP

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah that would be a deal breaker for sure. I dont think Ill have a problem getting 58k/59k from what I am hearing

nevrenuf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let us know how you do.. I was considering the same issue when buying my 04.. the problem is inventory.. there are lots of 05's and still some 04's around brand new.. I ended up buying my 04 in December 04 for 67K brand new.. they just drop in value so fast..

FYI, my local dealer in Atlanta is selling WELL below sticker on their inventory of Vipers.. $10K+ off.. you could get a new 05 or 06 at well below sticker. Maybe that would help offset a lower trade???

Best of luck to you..

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that would be a deal breaker for sure. I dont think Ill have a problem getting 58k/59k from what I am hearing

Yeah that should not be a problem at all. Good luck with the sale and take pics of the new baby!!

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend just bought a black 04 with 7500 miles from the first owner in Columbia, SC for $57,500. Car had about $5000 in mods---K&N, Corsa and rear gears....

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend just bought a black 04 with 7500 miles from the first owner in Columbia, SC for $57,500. Car had about $5000 in mods---K&N, Corsa and rear gears....

That sounds about right. In 6 months to a year when they hit low 50's for a nice 04 I'm getting a black one. Thank goodness most people listen to the bs about the SRT10 being ugly instead of actually going out and looking at one. They must be seen in person. I was driving my 98 and a black SRT10 turned in front of me and my heart skipped a beat. Wow, does that car have a presence in person.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That sounds about right. In 6 months to a year when they hit low 50's for a nice 04 I'm getting a black one. Thank goodness most people listen to the bs about the SRT10 being ugly instead of actually going out and looking at one. They must be seen in person. I was driving my 98 and a black SRT10 turned in front of me and my heart skipped a beat. Wow, does that car have a presence in person.

I agree, and I ONLY want black. I saw a black one coming down the Jersey Turnpike one time and I spotted it a mile before it passed. Black is just breathtaking.

N

Nobody

I agree, and I ONLY want black. I saw a black one coming down the Jersey Turnpike one time and I spotted it a mile before it passed. Black is just breathtaking.

After owning a couple of different black vehicles I swore I would never buy another one because they are so dang hard to keep clean....that was until the first time I saw a Black SRT10 with the top down . it just plain looks so damn in your face sinister and mean in that color..well the rest is history..back to cleaning :p

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like the SRT market is very soft but the Gen I and II markets are solid and improving. Its a matter of taste I love them all!