05 ZO6 - ?

Sinco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a twin turbo C5 ZO6, and it makes over 700 rwhp. But I still want a Viper and am looking into getting one. The Viper has a certain alure to it. I think it's the excluviseness about it or maybe the looks. I'm just waiting to see if DC has any tricks up it's sleave for the new coupe. I still want a Viper over the new C6 ZO6!

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best in Show

Don't forget the motor that was in the show inthe coupe was the SRT/10 05 motor since the 06 coupe motor is not ready yet its still in the "concept" stage but will be in the coupe when its in dealerships all around the world BTW it WILL be 600HP.

and now DC has seen chevys hand so believe me the vette fans will be let down, however for the money and the power you get the vette will have to be one of the best bang for the bucks out here just NOT king of the hill.

Any PROOF where it states it will be 600hp??? Until then, it's a pipe dream plain and simple.

As far as the C6 Z06 not being the King of the Hill, atleast for this year they will be provided the #'s on the Z06 are correct. Simple HP to weight ratio and the SRT10/SRT coupe has the short end of the stick.

Mopar426 maybe you should change your name to chevy427 because every single time you post it seems to be putting the viper down in one form or another.

I have it on good authority that the coupe WILL be released with 600hp is there any proof it is no?? do you have any proof that it wont have 600hp??

Ummm, how about the DC press release that states 500 HP. I think that is pretty convincing proof, versus you 'good authority'.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will beleive it when I see it. If a Z06 goes by a new SRT on 1/4 mile and top speed, only then will I be be saddened that the Dodge Viper has fallen by the wayside....But not until...Armchair calculations dont mean dick in the real world...00PROWLER...

Good call

and with the Roe S/C I saw you have at Chucks that time you have NOTHING to worry about.
I know Stugots, but I dont want to see any Viper get trounced by a Vette...It ain't right :( :( :( :( It was nice meeting you at Tators...00PROWLER...

Was nice meeting you as well, this spring we gotta go for a nice cruise.

I agree 100% its not right in the least.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a twin turbo C5 ZO6, and it makes over 700 rwhp. But I still want a Viper and am looking into getting one. The Viper has a certain alure to it. I think it's the excluviseness about it or maybe the looks. I'm just waiting to see if DC has any tricks up it's sleave for the new coupe. I still want a Viper over the new C6 ZO6!

You know your the FIRST vette owner I have ever heard admit that and i respect the hell out of that, Thanks man.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best in Show

Don't forget the motor that was in the show inthe coupe was the SRT/10 05 motor since the 06 coupe motor is not ready yet its still in the "concept" stage but will be in the coupe when its in dealerships all around the world BTW it WILL be 600HP.

and now DC has seen chevys hand so believe me the vette fans will be let down, however for the money and the power you get the vette will have to be one of the best bang for the bucks out here just NOT king of the hill.

Any PROOF where it states it will be 600hp??? Until then, it's a pipe dream plain and simple.

As far as the C6 Z06 not being the King of the Hill, atleast for this year they will be provided the #'s on the Z06 are correct. Simple HP to weight ratio and the SRT10/SRT coupe has the short end of the stick.

Mopar426 maybe you should change your name to chevy427 because every single time you post it seems to be putting the viper down in one form or another.

I have it on good authority that the coupe WILL be released with 600hp is there any proof it is no?? do you have any proof that it wont have 600hp??

Ummm, how about the DC press release that states 500 HP. I think that is pretty convincing proof, versus you 'good authority'.

well if they "have a trick of their sleeve" they woulden't mention it in the press release now would thay? I.E. the whole "trick up their sleeve" its ment to be a suprise, and now that thay have seen GM's hand played they know exactly where to go with it.

Sinco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Stugots, I have always liked Vipers. When I bought the vette they were just a little out of reach for me at the time. Now I think the time is right.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Stugots, I have always liked Vipers. When I bought the vette they were just a little out of reach for me at the time. Now I think the time is right.

Well I hope to see you in one very soon and if theres anything I can do to help just let me know and im sure alot of other guys on here are just as willing to lend a hand.

BTW when you actually get ready to buy one I would give Chuck Tator at Tators a call he will give you a great deal (just wish I knew Chuck BEFORE I bought my own).

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It comes down to looks -- the Viper vs the Z. The Viper SRT 10 is a more exotic looking car clearly but the Z isnt that bad and nicer in appearance to the base C6. Turn off active handling and traction control and there you go. There is however about a 50lb difference in torque between the 2 cars. The Z at 475 and the SRT 10 at 525 (approx). Sounds like the base car (w/o all the creature comforts so many make fun of) will be low to mid $60's ....add those on and the price could creep into the low $70s. Still an incredible car for the coin.

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well I hope to see you in one very soon and if theres anything I can do to help just let me know and im sure alot of other guys on here are just as willing to lend a hand.

BTW when you actually get ready to buy one I would give Chuck Tator at Tators a call he will give you a great deal (just wish I knew Chuck BEFORE I bought my own).
[email protected]

Wish I would have known Chuck before I bought mine, the dealer I bought mine from (one of the big Viper dealers) was an a-hole. But price won out over being an a-hole. Now I wish I had done it different.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[email protected]

Wish I would have known Chuck before I bought mine, the dealer I bought mine from (one of the big Viper dealers) was an a-hole. But price won out over being an a-hole. Now I wish I had done it different.

Just do what I do have Chuck do all the work and check over EVERYTHING every now and then, guy can see future problems a mile away and that saved my a$$ penty of times.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm NOT about putting down the Viper, hell I'm still trying to find the perfedt B&W GTS. But at the same time I'm not naive to the fact that the new Z06 will be a performer and it it WILL (provided the #'s are correct) beat out ANY production Viper. That's not isnulting the car it's just reality, will DC respond, let's hope so but until then I can see the forest for the trees.

As far as the 600hp number DC already stated the new coupe will not have HP upgrades, next year it may be possible, but I doubted. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen