06 Coupe 60k miles value

Emerica4601

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys -

I'm the second proud owner of a 06 Coupe (black w/ silver stripes). Purchased the car 2-1/2 years ago with 54k miles on it. It now has 60k miles.

Original owner had the car completely stock and fully serviced at the dealer. I was the first to modify it. All I had done was a shifter, intake, exhaust, gears, tune.

I'm considering selling the car and moving on to something in another direction, and wanted to get an idea for what you all had thought a rough value is for my car. Exterior is 8/10. Interior 9/10.

My thoughts are for selling it around $42,000 but wanted to test the market at that price for any bites.

Thoughts?

Joe

OP
OP
E

Emerica4601

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man ... over 50 views and nobody can comment on what they think the value is?

Post a realistic value for what you think my car is worth! I'll be posting it within the week.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the best thing to do is an independent search of the Internet for Vipers in your model year. That will give you a good place to start. I've learned over the years that mods don't always = a better resale $$$'s. You might find that what we think doesn't match well in today's market.

NMviperguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a viper that's higher mileage, obviously for any other car and year that's great. I think the mods won't offset the mileage as much as you'd hope, even though they are what most people would do. I'd say high to mid 30s. I would price it at what you suggested though, cause people always low ball.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have an 06 coupe, about 59K miles.
As I have posted before..............my car is only worth around 5 bucks in the current market.
Because I have driven it, track it regularly,.........and it has 59k miles.

It seems that if a Viper has more than 8 miles on it, the resale value is in the toilet.

Total bummer if you need to sell one.
I bought mine new, so I've really taken a loss financially on the car.
No regrets though, as the Viper experience is like no other.

OP
OP
E

Emerica4601

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Moving on to a 997.1 Turbo as the viper is not as refined as the Porsche. Looking for something a bit more practical.

Another day, another time, I'll be back in a Viper. Moving from a Z06 to a Viper was the best decision I've ever made.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you bought the car from a dealer, I would subtract $15k from your original purchase price. That should put you in a realm of reality. If you purchased from an individual....subtract $5k, regardless of mods. Ahem, now, whatdya pay for it?

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Emerica, a friend recently purchased, last month, a 2008 convertible with 80,000 miles on it, for 35K on ebay. it was a no reserve auction on ebay. He went and inspected it prior to bidding, and he has owned several vipers. Front fascia & rear bumper had been repainted, beyond that just normal wear & tear, no accident history. Not sure what your 06 with 20k less miles is worth, but its somewhat of a benchmark?? Hope this helps

OP
OP
E

Emerica4601

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For the record, I'm not expecting modifications to bring me any value. In fact, I think I'm going to put the factory midpipes back on the car, along with a my old borla exhaust and factory shifter.

I paid $45k for the car 2.5 years ago with 50k miles from a dealer. I also understand the trade in value is pretty crappy, but for the right car in return it may be worth it.

Come spring time, I'd like to post the car for $42k. Or if someone wants to bite now, I'll entertain offers!

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any pics?????? Leave the keys in it and tell me where it is.... insured for how much? LOL

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mid to high 30's For a fairly accurate value, go to Carmax and let then do an appraisal. Then add 15% to that price for a retail number

NMviperguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have an 06 coupe, about 59K miles.
As I have posted before..............my car is only worth around 5 bucks in the current market.
Because I have driven it, track it regularly,.........and it has 59k miles.

It seems that if a Viper has more than 8 miles on it, the resale value is in the toilet.

Total bummer if you need to sell one.
I bought mine new, so I've really taken a loss financially on the car.
No regrets though, as the Viper experience is like no other.

Hey Allen... I have $5 :)

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well.................If I had to sell it, I guess I'd take the loss and accept the 5 bucks.
But I'm not done with the car yet, and I still have other means to generate that sort of cash flow without selling my Viper.

Actually thinking more about doing heads and cam on the car. -that way I will have spent another 10-12K on it.
Resale value in today's market will still hover around 5 bucks unfortunately.

:(

jimbalayajag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I woulda saw your quote a month ago...so I bought 2006 black coupe with grey stripes last Thursday.....it WAS 28,000, BUT, it had only 28k miles on it
it was at a local dealership for 6 months, what I realized shopping is that pricing is ALL OVER THE PLACE....the ones that I have seen sell go for 44-46k..
figure that people are figuring in shipping,,, take a bunch of pics of your car, and TAKE THE OFFER IF U GET IT

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah, ultimately the best price is whatever the market around you will hold. My dad has had his 03 for sale for months with only one or two nibbles, but not good enough he'd sell it for that. There was a nearly identical car for sale online with double the miles for $3-4k more asking price and one locally with less miles asking $3k under what my dad is. Neither one has sold. The time of year doesn't help either. The big question is what is is worth to you? If you're comfortable selling it for a big loss just to get rid of it, power to you, you'll make someone's day. If you don't need the money that bad and can hold out, all the better as it makes your next purchase that much easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4