06 engine failure

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stock engine? supercharger or turbo?

pretty rare to hear of these engines going..04's maybe..im pretty interested.

hopefully you can find a good deal on a stroker and atleaste upgrade with your coin

OP
OP
S

stroked hemi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The engine is completely stock. One track day proved to be a little to much for her. A swinging pickup like the newer ones have would have probably saved me. This just gives me an excuse to make it alot better with the help of some bolt on goodies.

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The engine is completely stock. One track day proved to be a little to much for her. A swinging pickup like the newer ones have would have probably saved me. This just gives me an excuse to make it alot better with the help of some bolt on goodies.

Get a Gen 4 oil pan, NOT the Gen 3. I broke two motors because of long sweeping right-hand turns vs left handers. You will have to have some fabrication done, or get hold of someone who has done this before, but it is well worth the investment.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We offer the Gen-4 oil pans converted for Gen-3 use... have sold dozens of them. We can also recommend a certain set of replacement main bearings and some accompanying machine work to help prevent a recurrence. Or at your request, we can perform the machine work and the rebuild to your spec. You are relatively close to us, so you could just drop off the block and parts, and pick it up when completed.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get your swing arm pan from Dan at Viper Specality, better than the comp coupe versions and 1/2 the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
booth