08 coupe vs 09 acr

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With employee pricing resulting in 08 coupe prices in the mid 70's with potential 0% financing and 09 acr's going for sticker of 104+ and no 0% financing, and now with ACR aero packages possibly being available between $9 and $14k, the question looms "If you were looking for a great track car that you could still drive on the street what would you buy?" I know the acr has the adjustable shocks, the sway bars and the lightweight rotars. Shocks - I'd probably rather have motons as they are easier to adjust, the rotars will be $1600 and I'm not sure about the sway bars. Coupe est $75k + aero $10k, shocks $4k, rotars $2k totaling $91 with 0% financing. Is it really worth the $13K plus the cost of financing to have the acr?:dunno:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember, you can always order a standard coupe with the Aero package and get EP++ on it... If I were looking to build a track car, I think that's the way I'd go - although the Aero cars are even more rare than the ACRs, so you might want to avoid crashing it :)

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Aero doesn't have the aerodynamic advantages of the ACR, so for a track car (as asked) this is still relevant. It's really apples and oranges.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Acr should hold it's value better, but an '08 slightly used could be found in the low 60s to high 50s.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had both and go for the ACR, it's lots more fun. But you still have about $13,000 of track goodies to put on it too. It really depends on how fast and good do you want to be on the track and how much do you love or hate the feel of a real race car all of the time? If that's not really important to you, then go with the coupe.

Have Z Need Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Cheryl, I'd like to know what things you changed on your ACR to improve it's track worthiness.Thx Have....

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your reasoning is valid but the bottom line is, that it will still be clone. There is nothing wrong with that but the ACR will always be worth more.

Good point though

Bruce

Last edited:

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a street only application, aero-coupe or ACR? As mentioned before, Aero-coup will be the rarer find in the future for those Barrett-Jackson fans. As far as that goes, what will be more desirable, Aero-coupe or Aero-vert.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't economise your fun! Go out and run with a bunch of aero-coupes/verts and SRTs on a windy back road in your ACR - notice how often you will have to slow down an wait for them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32