08 Goes 11.13 today at OSW!!

boosted349

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good time, although I'm not surprised. The '08s are beasts and should be in the 10's shortly (I believe).

I'm amazed at some of the people in this thread. I swear to God I think some of the people on this board are 14 and just post up Viper pictures they found on the internet. So many of you need to grow up.

As far as the '08 Viper vs. C6 Z debate....I just don't see how equal drivers on the same day could do better in the Z. The '08 Vipers are just simply more powerful. C6 Z's don't have the best gearing for 1/4 mile runs either. You have to short shift 4th gear which means you are not in your powerband at the end of the strip.

My first time out, I kept trapping in 3rd gear and it was costing me 2 - 4mph and who knows how much ET.
you do not need to shift out of 3rd gear in the 08z you will finish about 7000rpm if you go to fourth you will lose about 7 mph

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually Jamie beat Rangers time. So you have Jamie, Ranger, then you have about 10-15 others on there fast list from 11.1-11.3 1/4 mile times, bone stock. I love the Viper, but face it, the Z06 beats it with two equal drivers on equal tracks. Mostly due to gearing, weight and the fact that the Z06 holds its peak power for like 1000 rpms or something like that.

Would love to see some time slips of a stock Z06 running 10's. The guys in the Corvette forum were happy with a ne ZR1 running upper 11's just the other day. And all of the videos I have seen show me Z06s running upper 11's and lower 12's.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to see some time slips of a stock Z06 running 10's. The guys in the Corvette forum were happy with a ne ZR1 running upper 11's just the other day. And all of the videos I have seen show me Z06s running upper 11's and lower 12's.

Go to page 4 of this thread and you can see them, and if you feel like seeing it in person come to MIR on Nov 14th and you can see it in person. There is also a utube video of the 10.83 run you can look up, and lastly you can go to the C6 corvette forum and there is a lot info there and the guys that were at the track that day documenting it. I don't know why someone would be happy running high 11's in a car with 638hp? I believe RT10 said he saw one making laps last night in Brandenton that ran 11.4. One other thing most people forget to mention is the driver, thats how you get the good times out of the cars and the facts are most guys think they can drive and the facts say otherwise!

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yup ,the Z06 is a upper,lower 12 second cars. Anyone says that they ran 10's in bonestock car. Is full of Sh_t.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you do not need to shift out of 3rd gear in the 08z you will finish about 7000rpm if you go to fourth you will lose about 7 mph

The guys getting the better times are shifting to 4th. I know Ranger and Jamie Furman were. Third gear winds out to about 123 - 125mph, so there's no way the car could be trapping 125+ in 3rd gear.

My first day out, trapping in 3rd...I was getting 118 - 119mph traps. First time I shifted to 4th, I went 122 - 123 and dropped at least a tenth off my time.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup ,the Z06 is a upper,lower 12 second cars. Anyone says that they ran 10's in bonestock car. Is full of Sh_t.

I just find it amusing that you so feverishly try to deny the Z06's capabilities. It's funny how threatened you are by the car.

And just a FYI, a car with the right setup can get into the 10's with 126mph trap. So if you think a car that consistantly traps 125 - 127mph can only do high 11's or low 12's, you really don't know anything about drag racing.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah and I am buying an ACR to blanket that! Poser if you ever got to a track and watched guys race you might have a different opinion that is if you even still drive?
I have invited many doubters like yourself but none of you losers take me up on it? But the many guys that have taken me up on it witnessed it in person know whats up. The only one full of sh_t is you! Just like that ACR you said I didn't buy!

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just find it amusing that you so feverishly try to deny the Z06's capabilities. It's funny how threatened you are by the car.

And just a FYI, a car with the right setup can get into the 10's with 126mph trap. So if you think a car that consistantly traps 125 - 127mph can only do high 11's or low 12's, you really don't know anything about drag racing.

I recently sold a 64 ford fairlane with a big block that ran 10.9's at 121 mph consistently. 120 will put you in the 10's with the right leave. GM says the Z06 run 125, 126 in the 1/4 and that is probably about right with a decent driver, but when the air is right and you have an excellent driver and track conditions the mph goes up dramatically. I offer to take it to the track with the doubters to prove it and they don't want any part of it because like you say there is only one car in their beeeeeedy eyes and thats a Viper!
Really kind of sad that people can be so narrow minded and in denial! I really don't give a sh_t what they think, but when I run a 10 in my Viper all the losers will be acting like they all have 10 second cars now and they will be talkin smack on all the boards and I bet not one sh_t talker on this board can break an 11.6 with a stock viper of any year! But we will never have to prove it because they don't have the balls to show up at the track anyways! They don't really hate the Z06 they hate the fact they can't beat one, because there are a lot more good vette drivers than viper drivers and the faster car doesn't always win when its a drivers race. But once again I am out of here before the keyboard trolls show up, Lank I am going to have to let you fend for yourself! Good Luck!

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"*** Wee", just make sure you get that ACR into the 10's or you will be ridiculed beyond belief and finally banned from this forum. There are many here who speculate that you could be at the heart of a corvette conspiracy and are planning to take a dive and run mid 11's in the ACR.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"*** Wee", just make sure you get that ACR into the 10's or you will be ridiculed beyond belief and finally banned from this forum. There are many here who speculate that you could be at the heart of a corvette conspiracy and are planning to take a dive and run mid 11's in the ACR.

Ah ha ha ha!! I (along with the rest of the world) can't help but laugh at people like you who get SOOOOO wrapped up in this stuff and come up with "conspiracy theories" on DRAG RACING!!

Wow...just.....WOW.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Conspiracy, LMAO! Yeah I spent a 100k so I could make Z06's look good! ********* you really are a *****!
Look ******* I never guaranteed anything but I did state I think I will be in the 10's with mine and we will just have to wait and see, no one else has so I won't be alone if I don't make it. As far as banning, thats a good one! Lets get some facts straight, no one on this board knows you or likes you and that is fact! Ask around if you don't believe me, I have! I have been on this board for years longer than you and over the last 10 years have raced at many Viper events all over the country and I am friends with many of the members of this board, can you say the same? In other words I don't just type like you, I actually race my car at Viper events! So what you think or what you say means jack sh_t because you haven't done anything anywhere with anybody and thats also a fact! On the 12th of December very close to your house there will be a Viper race that Heffner Performance is putting on, I will be there, why don't you bring your sorry ass out and lets see what you got! Oh and after we race and I mop that rag I am going to let you blow *** Wee up to Man Size! How about that Troll!

Last edited:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Conspiracy, LMAO! Yeah I spent a 100k so I could make Z06's look good! ********* you really are a *****!
Look ******* I never guaranteed anything but I did state I think I will be in the 10's with mine and we will just have to wait and see, no one else has so I won't be alone if I don't make it. As far as banning, thats a good one! Lets get some facts straight, no one on this board knows you or likes you and that is fact! Ask around if you don't believe me, I have! I have been on this board for years longer than you and over the last 10 years have raced at many Viper events all over the country and I am friends with many of the members of this board, can you say the same? In other words I don't just type like you, I actually race my car at Viper events! So what you think or what you say means jack sh_t because you haven't done anything anywhere with anybody and thats also a fact! On the 12th of December very close to your house there will be a Viper race that Heffner Performance is putting on, I will be there, why don't you bring your sorry ass out and lets see what you got! Oh and after we race and I mop that rag I am going to let you blow *** Wee up to Man Size! How about that Troll!

:eater::eater::eater:

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, bring a C5 Z to the event and beat up on his Viper at the track, just to rub some salt in the wound :D[/QUOTE

First of all, a Z06 is not 638hp. Read what I said and quit getting so spun up without understanding what I posted. I said a stock Z06 will not hit 10s... period. In the Corvette forum someone posted a new ZR1 hitting somewhere in the mid 11s and they were all excited about it. I have seen many videos of a stock Gen III spanking new Z06s... but niether running 10s.

Car and Driver jsut got an 11.5 out of the ZR1. So how is the Z06 knocking over half a second off of the ZR1 with much less hp???

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, bring a C5 Z to the event and beat up on his Viper at the track, just to rub some salt in the wound :D[/QUOTE

First of all, a Z06 is not 638hp. Read what I said and quit getting so spun up without understanding what I posted. I said a stock Z06 will not hit 10s... period. In the Corvette forum someone posted a new ZR1 hitting somewhere in the mid 11s and they were all excited about it. I have seen many videos of a stock Gen III spanking new Z06s... but niether running 10s.

Car and Driver jsut got an 11.5 out of the ZR1. So how is the Z06 knocking over half a second off of the ZR1 with much less hp???

I was not responding to you....I was talking to Jamie.

I'm infering that Jamie is a much better driver than this other guy arguing with him, and saying he could not only beat him in a Z06, but could probably beat him in one with 100 less hp.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, still loking for that 10.38 video on youtube... not to be found.
Well first of all I said it was a 10.83 on drag radials and here is a partial video of the run that I found. There are more but I don't know how to find them all but here is a post from someone who was there. Here is also a thread about that day. 2 New Z06 Records in 1/4 mile! Your probably really not interested but here it is anyway.

I was there and witnessed Jamies record breaking runs. The man can DRIVE! I actually handed him the slip. Great to see you again Jamie and congrats on the records!​

Here is half of his run on DR's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nt9JwrZv0g

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys bone stock my 08 Viper on stock tires has run 11.3 at 128,7 in 75 degree weather that being said i was at the Super Chevy test of a new Zo6 last year in 95 degree weather Smith ran 11.5 at 126.This year in 95 degree weather he ran my 08Viper at 11.4 at 127.Like it or not the Viper MAY have a slight advantage over the Z06 (numbers dont lie )As far as Jamie Furman the man flat out has professional level driving ability on par with Evan Smith(.No doubt in 40 degree weather he got into the 10s with the Z06)as i have witnessed hm run numerious times over the years .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can not emphasis this enough BUT there is a hugh difference in ability between a Furman or a Smith and the above average occasional drag racer out there.In a stock gen 2 for example they have been known to turn mid 11s(witnessed it )while fairly good drivers are in the 12s.

Kadeuces

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice color combination. Beautiful car. Congrats on the great numbers.
How do you like the gears? quaife?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shows your lack of understanding about what makes a good 1/4 mile et. All you and others are mentioning is hp and magazine times etc. You do know that the major magazines dont do there 1/4 testing on a preped drag strip right? Big difference between a street or circuit track surface and a preped drag strip. If you were even an occasional drag racer you would know these things and that your 60' is the key to low et's....Why do you think AWD cars that only trap around 110-112 can get high 10 sec runs? They nail the 60'. Ive seen countless cars with 110-115 mph trap speeds hit 10's. Its not all about horsepower. It takes actual understanding and skill. If it didnt people like you would be running 10's in your Viper already.

Trap speed is more a function of hp than the et. Et is a function of traction foremost. I was told this by some very good drag racers Ive met at the track 10+ years ago. Amazing what you will learn if you just shut up and listen instead of acting like a knowitall. If you can nail that 60' and hit your shift points you can knock off a 10's in a Z06/08 Viper if everything else falling into place[weather, track prep, da etc]...It kills me that most of the guys here lobbing insults at Jamie dont have anywhere near the 1/4 experience and skill he has but yet are trying to tell him all about it. lmao. Ill just sit back and observe the foolishness....Pure entertainment:eater::eater::eater:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shows your lack of understanding about what makes a good 1/4 mile et. All you and others are mentioning is hp and magazine times etc. You do know that the major magazines dont do there 1/4 testing on a preped drag strip right? Big difference between a street or circuit track surface and a preped drag strip. If you were even an occasional drag racer you would know these things and that your 60' is the key to low et's....Why do you think AWD cars that only trap around 110-112 can get high 10 sec runs? They nail the 60'. Ive seen countless cars with 110-115 mph trap speeds hit 10's. Its not all about horsepower. It takes actual understanding and skill. If it didnt people like you would be running 10's in your Viper already.

Trap speed is more a function of hp than the et. Et is a function of traction foremost. I was told this by some very good drag racers Ive met at the track 10+ years ago. Amazing what you will learn if you just shut up and listen instead of acting like a knowitall. If you can nail that 60' and hit your shift points you can knock off a 10's in a Z06/08 Viper if everything else falling into place[weather, track prep, da etc]...It kills me that most of the guys here lobbing insults at Jamie dont have anywhere near the 1/4 experience and skill he has but yet are trying to tell him all about it. lmao. Ill just sit back and observe the foolishness....Pure entertainment:eater::eater::eater:
Exactly 100% correct.Evans race Mustang traps in the low 100s and hits 10s on a chassis and tires optimized for drag racing.People just dont realize how much a great driver on a great prepped track running in great weather can mean inregards to getting an ET .Alot of mags transpose time that have been corrected not actual times in regards to the above.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS rule of them in regards to 60 foot times =one tenth down below = 2 tenths up top off ET.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21