08 Hood FORM or FUNCTION?

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be a really good question for Herb Helbig on the Grail Trail.

Ok What im realy interested to know here with this thread I started is FUNCTION I guess. Im already convinced the hood is Bad Ass in the FORM category!

How des the hood work with the heat from the headers? (especialy aftermarket ones like the Balengers I have). The new big bold vents seem too far farward to allow the heat generated around the headers to exit like my current hood? So I am wondering if thats the reason for the higher middle section to allow for the rear heat to exit? Just curious?

Last edited:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that they designed the vents more forward on the 08 hood to minimize the engine heat blowing into the cabin when the top is down. The engineers mentioned the placement of the 03-06 hood was a design flaw.

SLITHRN_PETSN8K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you buy the vipair hood from. I did not see that hood on their web site.
thanks

Also keep in mind there are three different versions of the 08 Hood. Jeff's Hood, the Vipair, and the Mopar. I got the Vipair. I like it for the looks and would of gotten it anyway whether it added functionality or not. Its just an added bonus that it did add fuctionality. You can get the Vipair version with vents for about $1400(non-painted). Talk with Dan at DC Performance.

Picture with the vents
You must be registered for see images attach

Without the vents

Front View

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I assume there is some function but on the form side I LOVE IT!!
Here are some photos of the hood I got off of a member on this site that actually was selling his Viper and had the hood painted my color but never installed it on the car. Was a fantastic deal! Perfect color match and not even a micro scratch on it.