08 mods finally complete - last pics

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks to
woodhouse - install motons/eibach,install belanger system
partsrack - rotors, belanger system serial #0002, dash
Tim Zimmerman vca member - clear bra install

mods - motons/eibachs with woodhouse standard lowering, belanger system,carbon dash , mg bezel, radar mirror mount,polk door speakers,exhaust trim rings, stainless letters,K&N, rear fascia accents,calchrome rims,hawk ceramic pads

v91.JPG

V1.JPG

V7.JPG

v6.JPG

V10.JPG

V11.JPG

v8.JPG

v9.JPG

V14.JPG

V16.JPG

V15.JPG

V18.JPG

V20.JPG

V21.JPG

V19.JPG

Last edited:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome man. I have a question about the clear bra. What components did you get covered, did you get any part of the hood covered? It looks really good.

OP
OP
W

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome man. I have a question about the clear bra. What components did you get covered, did you get any part of the hood covered? It looks really good.

A vca member helped set up the clearmask install.. his handle is nowayforya...aka Hal.. i think he designed the cutouts...The hood is covered up past the first vents on each side, the front lights,fog lights,mirrors, front bumper,first part of front fenders so it meets the part on the hood, the side sills are completely covered on the sides and underneath all the way back to the rear wheel well, and there is a piece behind each rear wheel well.. if u go to clearmask.com and can see the actual precut pieces for the viper gen3 & 4

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wallbanger --

Great pics. You asked me on another thread about heat shields/insulation. I spoke with Lou Belanger and my Viper Tech and the ultimate conclusion was that insulation was highly recommended to protect the underhood wires but that shielding was not required and could even be detrimental. I don't know the specifics of why but just left the decision to the experts. Here are some pics of the insulation (they are the little red socks around the wires):

2008_Viper_w_Belanger_Headers_Exhaust_6_11_08_028.JPG

2008_Viper_w_Belanger_Headers_Exhaust_6_11_08_031.JPG

FYI, the insulation is called "Snake Socks" and I got them from Jon B at Parts Rack.

Finally, I think someone on this or another thread noted that the Belanger system actually protrudes a bit from the exhast port. This pic gives a good sense of the protrusion which is only about a half to a quarter of an inch but gives the exhaust a more aggressive look (note my exhaust tips are et coated black not chrome like Wallbanger's set):

2008_Viper_w_Belanger_Headers_Exhaust_6_11_08_035.JPG

Hope this helps.

/Rich

Reaction score
We have had 0 problems with all the cars we have done without the sheilds. The 08' hood vents much better while driving and once it is stopped. The coating on the Belangers also improves the heat issue and most customers don't want the sheilds anyway because they love the look of their new investment.

Also with the way the 08' exhaust manafolds are constructed ther are NO sheild to replace unless they were to purchase a new set.

It's all good the way it is, LOVE your car Harvey the wheels ant everything is definatly first class!

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful car and a great set up. Looks like Tim did a great job on the ClearMask install. I have seen him in action before and it is very impressive...

2snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The chrome exhaust tip from the viper store ?? Your car looks great

OP
OP
W

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The chrome exhaust tip from the viper store ?? Your car looks great

that is not a chrome exhaust tip .. it is the standard belanger tip which comes with the system... i think it is better looking than my previous corsa...imho

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info wallbanger. Man you sure do have a nice one of a kind 08 especially with the chromed wheels that really makes it stand apart.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate you Wallbanger!
Seriously though, you took a simple red vert and made it stunning. Nice job! I love those H spokes chromed!

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about giving us a little more detail about how well the mods worked (the functional ones like exhaust and brakes)?

OP
OP
W

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is a little more detail on the increased hp from the belangers

My dealership is small to say the least , but they have been good to me and the salesman and i have become friends over the last 12 months...Yesterday i had a short day at work so i picked up some cookies from the work lounge and headed out to the dealership... i dropped off the cookies at the dealerships break room and sought out the salesman...i found him and said .. come on , it's time for a drive.. he had been itching for a drive since delivery but i had managed to keep him at bay until all the mods are done....he is a man of few words but as he settled into the drivers seat he wiped the sweat from the palms of his hands on his t shirt.. i knew he was enjoying this...

Behind the dealership there is a long straight backroad and we headed out in this direction... he slowly eased thru the gears up to about 120mph... he said 4 words.. nice...nice... very nice... we slowed back down and he looked over at me .. i said go ahead and open her up...he is a good driver and actually knows his cars... he slowed down to just a roll and checked both directions for traffic.. he made a great launch and went crisply thru the first 3 gears and then laid off as he entered 4th...during this brief time i could not hold my head straight , it was forced back by the pull and i could feel the ache in my neck muscles, it was like being on a carnival ride... he looked over at me and said .. i don't think i've reached 120 that quickly before...

The motons... well i've been doing mostly city driving and definitely smoother over the bumps but haven't pushed the car into the corners much

Brakes .. rotors are definitely lighter but it is hard to notice with all the other mods.. the ceramic hawk pads do feel "softer" than stock but are very low dust..i would not have confidence in them for off road use

K&N intake as u can see from the picture fits perfect but again it's impossible to tell any hp changes with the seat of my pants

One thing i've realized is that a 10 second car feels much faster than a 11 second car

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exhaust protrusion is a good idea. I've burned the black paint off around it with the factory fit.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never thought that while owning a viper i could lust after another car so much ... your car is awesome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62