'08 stereo issue.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why they would change the stock radio from a 6 disc changer to only a single disc? Was it to save money?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether 6 CDs or one, you need the ipod connector. Works awesome. With the connection you have your entire CD collection at your fingertips.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could always put a changer in the trunk but now to get Sirius in an '08 you must get the NAV.
I'd imagine that surprised a few...

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether 6 CDs or one, you need the ipod connector. Works awesome. With the connection you have your entire CD collection at your fingertips.

Ipod hook up would be great. I already have the FM adaptor and it is sketchy at best, it works fine, until i get into a populated area, then I have to change stations every 10 minutes. If there were only a place to plug it in, that would be great.
I agree ipod is the best way to carry around your music library, although there is a noticeable difference in sound quality from cd to mp3, the benefits are the ability to consereve space by not having to have a million cds in your car, and also it allows you to protect your musical investment in that you will not have as many lost or damaged cds as a result.
The 6 disc changer would be a nice addition though. Im actually looking for one to install in our Vipers to add a nice little musical dimension.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So long as you record a CD to mp3 using a higher bit rate, you should not hear a difference. My ipod on the RB1 stereo sounds perfect and like the CD the tracked were on.

Ipod hook up would be great. I already have the FM adaptor and it is sketchy at best, it works fine, until i get into a populated area, then I have to change stations every 10 minutes. If there were only a place to plug it in, that would be great.
I agree ipod is the best way to carry around your music library, although there is a noticeable difference in sound quality from cd to mp3, the benefits are the ability to consereve space by not having to have a million cds in your car, and also it allows you to protect your musical investment in that you will not have as many lost or damaged cds as a result.
The 6 disc changer would be a nice addition though. Im actually looking for one to install in our Vipers to add a nice little musical dimension.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So long as you record a CD to mp3 using a higher bit rate, you should not hear a difference. My ipod on the RB1 stereo sounds perfect and like the CD the tracked were on.

not if youre using the fm adaptor. Im going to erase my ipod and start over, I thought all of my music was at the highest bit rate, but I will make sure this time, and then I will retake the test for audio purity.:)

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not if youre using the fm adaptor. Im going to erase my ipod and start over, I thought all of my music was at the highest bit rate, but I will make sure this time, and then I will retake the test for audio purity.:)

If the 06 changer works in the 08, I would be happy to sell mine. It's collecting dust on a shelf.

Send me a PM with an offer if interested.

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why they would change the stock radio from a 6 disc changer to only a single disc? Was it to save money?

Did you get the RB1 Navigator option? AFAIK, the base model SHOULD come with the 6CD changer just like 2006 and previous year models did...

My gut react is that either you ordered the RB1 option, or something went wrong in assembly (wrong unit put in!).

Peter

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This REALLY ****** me off. I spent 30 mins trying to get multiple CDs in this thing (like my 03 does). What a crock... I just assumed they'd use the same radio... If I knew this I would have gotten Sirius/Nav. Thanks Dodge.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This REALLY ****** me off. I spent 30 mins trying to get multiple CDs in this thing (like my 03 does). What a crock... I just assumed they'd use the same radio... If I knew this I would have gotten Sirius/Nav. Thanks Dodge.

Ditto. Its a little upsetting. How do you like your new car though?

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its b/c of nav I think. I switched to the RB1, lost my 6 cd capability, down to one. And it ***** even more b/c when u use nav, u cannot use the cd player at all. BUT, since most Viper owners live in bum f*ck no-where and most races and events are held in the middle of bum f*ck nowhere I simply leave my navigation cd in most of the time so I can find these guys!

I would rather listen to the local radio and my engine roar anyway!

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 RBQ's [ 6 disk ] that I'd be more than willing to sell cheap. Both from SRT10's. I put RB1's in.

BTW the iPod connector on the factory boxes is a cable, no need for the RF adapter on the iPod. Both RBQ's will accept the factory iPod cable.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 RBQ's [ 6 disk ] that I'd be more than willing to sell cheap. Both from SRT10's. I put RB1's in.

BTW the iPod connector on the factory boxes is a cable, no need for the RF adapter on the iPod. Both RBQ's will accept the factory iPod cable.

youve got a pm.

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The six disc radio went out of production... there was two options... no radio at all or the single disc with mp3 capability / NAV radio option.

There are probably a few backup parts available for order if someone wanted to chuck in a six disc changer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang