'09 coupe for sale

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take the offer. i know it is worth a bit more but time is money. they say a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know where your located but around here, Northern Ohio, prices on all toys start to go down after July 4th and buyers are harder to come by. Factor everything in before shutting down the offer.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't understand how nobody hasn't scooped this car up at that price. I mean, most 09's go anywhere from 78k low end to mid to high 80's on top end don't they. I know this may look like its been raced a lot just by the looks & rollbar but doesn't it say it hasn't been raced at all. Can somebody please explain WHY this car hasn't sold yet especially at 67k, just wondering?

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at the ad months ago but Oregon was too far away for me to consider making a serious offer. The car seems to be very nice and well done but it was unclear to me if this was an ACR or what exact modifications had been done to the car (and by who) if it started life as a regular coupe. It seems like a car with unique history but a little more information might help the sale? It is also sort of a one of one type of a car and that can be good and bad at the same time? Just my thoughts - the car seems special, play it up for what it is and someone will buy it.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to tell you the description in your ad is a ball of confusion. Set up to race at Nurburgring with aero mods?
Roll bar and racing belts but never raced? Not an ACR but looks like one. What about the suspension? Stock?
That text may be working against you.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to tell you the description in your ad is a ball of confusion. Set up to race at Nurburgring with aero mods?
Roll bar and racing belts but never raced? Not an ACR but looks like one. What about the suspension? Stock?
That text may be working against you.
28 & viperjon (makes sense to me), I think ya'll pretty much explained it! I knew there HAD to be a Reason!

OP
OP
C

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car has never been raced. The 6 pt harness was installed by Devin at their design studio in L.A. as part of the plan to send it to the Nurburgring for Devin's testing. Apparently, Devin wanted some base lap times to compare with their car. I was told the car got to the Nurburgring (the carfax on the car shows entry in Belgium), but never made it out of the crate because negotiations for Devin to buy Viper failed. The car was shipped back to Michigan and ended up in Scott Devin's father in law's hands.

I bought the car with 810 miles on it and sent it to Prefix where the stripes and aero package were added exactly the same way they did the '09s. I liked the look.

A company developing a NHRA certified roll bar for gen 4 Vipers needed a car for the development and my car got the prototype roll bar as it was the "mule". It is a well made and installed unit. I clear bra'd the car with a local company. I had a local company install the corsa cat back.

The car has sport cup tires. I don't know when they were put on.

Ask anyone from the Oregon region and they will confirm that I take excellent care of my cars.

This car has 2220 miles on it as of this morning.

If it was an ACR I would have stated so.

Last edited:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think anyone doubts the cleanliness of the car just the confusing description. The rear wing is not an ACR wing either.

Bruce

OP
OP
C

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just reread the ad. Of course it's not confusing to me. I didn't know I should have put "Not an ACR" or "CF wing, CF splitter and CF canards are not ACR" disclaimers as I thought they were apparent.

Perhaps others just don't like the mods I did to the car. I do wish to convey they are quality parts installed by the best folks I could find to install them.

This car is my most prized possession (next to my son) but business is forcing me to sell it.

I hope no one is accusing me of trying to hide things.

Last edited:

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brake, I wish I was in the market right now (even though I said my next color will be B/W) I think somebody's gonna get a hell of a deal! IF, they EVER pull the trigger! To me knowing the history of the car is one of the two most important things about it & its Very Obvious that car has been VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF! jmo

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can vouche for how Cobraken takes care of his cars.

I haven't seen this particular car, but his other cars that I have seen (2 Vipers and an SRT10 Truck) have basically been kept in showroom condition as he is a true car enthusiast who doesn't beat on his cars. He's a straightup guy and I absolutely would not hesitate to buy a car from him sight-unseen. His only fault is that he has a soft spot for Mustangs.

--- Ken

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can vouche for how Cobraken takes care of his cars.

I haven't seen this particular car, but his other cars that I have seen (2 Vipers and an SRT10 Truck) have basically been kept in showroom condition as he is a true car enthusiast who doesn't beat on his cars. He's a straightup guy and I absolutely would not hesitate to buy a car from him sight-unseen. His only fault is that he has a soft spot for Mustangs.

--- Ken
Guys, just what I said about this car. Have you looked on fleabay or anywhere else, you're NOT going to find anything this nice with this kind of price on it anywhere, if so I'd like to see it (& I don't even know Cobraken). To me its still a mystery WHY this car has not attracted any interest at this price. jmo

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, nice car, if I was in the market I'd be all over this, well worth shipping. Good,luck with the sale. Must just be bad timing or something, this thing should definitely not be on the market long at any price under $70k. The mods should be attractive to viper guys like us, solid and tasteful. Hate to see you settle for $65, but like posted above, if you need it, I guess take it, hate to miss a sale for only about 2k. What a sweet deal someone's getting!

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow i can't believe that hasn't sold. I just looked at the ad. I have an 02 ACR and if i was looking to part with some money i would trade up. The car is Very nice and with some very tasteful mods.
GLWS

OP
OP
C

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The parts were shipped to Prefix for installation. Prefix prepped, painted and installed them. The splitter has an AR Racing decal on it but I don't know if they made the wing and canards.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely a clean looking coupe with tasteful mods. I'm a big fan of the red with white stripes combo. Good luck with the sale. Hopefully you can find a good home to someone that will value its mateinance and care the way you have.

OP
OP
C

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few hrs after I rejected the $65k offer from the guy with a $67.5k counter, I texted him that I would take the $65k if he was still interested. He wasn't.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few hrs after I rejected the $65k offer from the guy with a $67.5k counter, I texted him that I would take the $65k if he was still interested. He wasn't.
Brake, sounds like he threw a lowball offer at you & when you actually took him up on it, he either didn't really have the money or he's just playing games! OR, is he one of those guys that the orginal offer no longer stands, NOW he'll give you $62k for it!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would somebody like Bernie (BJMotors) not buy this car $65k (20k less than what he's asking for the same year cars on his lot) & turn around & sell it for $85k (what he's asking for his 09' cars)! I know he's got 2 cars right now for that price & ALOT more miles on them than this one & I'm not so sure they're as clean as this one! Just Wondering?

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found selling a Viper to be a miserable experience. If you buy one, drive it into the ground because you cannot sell them without losing your ****. The depreciation of these cars is a lose-lose situation, worse than any sports car I have ever owned. I know...I sold two this year.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree about being the worst depreciating sports car ever.... you just have to find the right person looking for a Viper. I have seen many sell for reasonably strong pricing...... it just takes a while unless you drop the price ridiculously.......

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found selling a Viper to be a miserable experience.

From what I and others have been through, I agree with you. Particularly with the older models where banks won't finance $40k, or more, for a car that still has that kind of value.

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found selling a Viper to be a miserable experience. If you buy one, drive it into the ground because you cannot sell them without losing your ****. The depreciation of these cars is a lose-lose situation, worse than any sports car I have ever owned. I know...I sold two this year.

I disagree..The viper has a great resale value. It probably has the best resale value of any American sports car except maybe the Ford GT. Take the Gen II for instance; they can be worth anywhere from high 30's to low 40's..that's a lot of money for a car that's around 12 years old. and that's the problem, because Vipers have such great resale value the average guy isn't walking around with 40k cash in his pocket to buy one. Plus most banks won't finance a car that's more than 7 years old and banks don't like to deal with private sellers cause there's very little recourse if problems arise during the business transaction. I agree with you only on 1 point...It's true..Vipers are very hard to sell, but not because the resale value is too bad, it's because the resale value is TOO GOOD!!....

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, try selling yours and you will see for yourself... the above 2009 Gen 4 can't sell for even $65K and that looks like "good" resale value?

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I know when I was asking around about a Viper (when I was looking at buying another sports car) NOBODY had any good things to say about Vipers other than they were Fast! They ride like a kit car (very rough, now I'm assuming they were talking about the Gen. 1 & 2's) VERY Dangerous & hard to control, etc... you know all the typical things Viper Haters say! Granted, I didn't talk to any Viper owners (didn't know any at the time) and I talked with them all, Porsche Guys, Vette Guys, Ford Guys & they all pretty much sounded the same! jmo

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I and others have been through, I agree with you. Particularly with the older models where banks won't finance $40k, or more, for a car that still has that kind of value.

I agree. Have had my mint condition 97 BW for sale for a while, have got nothing but ridiculously lowball offers.
Mine is very fairly priced, and yet guys think I'll just knock 10K off for them, or even better want to offer me some cash and their POS for trade. Seriously, a great condition babied blue and white GTS with only 15K on it and you think Im going to take 32K....joke.

I tell you there are some guys on here who have their cars tucked away in the garage and are very proud of the fact they don't drive them and they have very low mileage. You are going to get KILLED when your pride and joy has to be sold. The market for higher priced Gen 2's is next to nothing and getting worse with every year. The fact you have a few thousand miles on the car means nothing. Nobody want s a Gen 2 for 40's or more.