1:12 diecast~what will the market bear

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess we'll see how much someone's willing to pay for a red 1:12 diecast. One on Ebay has a buy it now price of $250!

~Craig

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has the original JRL licensing going for it but still to high. Afterall the Anson and JRL versions are the exact same thing. The only ones worth this much were the Pacecars and the Chrome editions that I had made for my company. Now those were hot!

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has the original JRL licensing going for it but still to high. Afterall the Anson and JRL versions are the exact same thing. The only ones worth this much were the Pacecars and the Chrome editions that I had made for my company. Now those were hot!

You know some history behind the 1:12 Chrome RT/10?
I own one, but don't know much about the origin and why it was done.

Jason

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know some history behind the 1:12 Chrome RT/10?
I own one, but don't know much about the origin and why it was done.

Jason

Jason, where did you purchase this model from? I produced all the of the 1/12 Vipers in Chrome. We made a limited edition of 12 for my company. I was in the business and created them for an out of the box idea. Did you buy it from my website RARE MODEL CARS or from eBay or second hand? By the way, you should have a certificate with the model.

OP
OP
P

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE: "I paid $85 + shipping on my white/blue Anson if that helps."

Now THAT'S the kind of price I'm talking about. Over 100 bucks? Not my money. I'd rather buy something for the real car.

~Craig

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I hate to add insult to injury, but I really lucked out and bought my white/blue Anson for less than 60.00 on EBay. This was less than a year ago.

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Jason, where did you purchase this model from? I produced all the of the 1/12 Vipers in Chrome. We made a limited edition of 12 for my company. I was in the business and created them for an out of the box idea. Did you buy it from my website RARE MODEL CARS or from eBay or second hand? By the way, you should have a certificate with the model.

[/QUOTE]

I did purchase this model from Rare Model Cars. I did not realize it was your site. I have always enjoyed it. I cannot remember exactly when I bought it, but it was several years ago I believe. It does have a certificate. It is in a box with some other Viper diecasts. I like hearing that you had these produced. Did you keep one for yourself?

Jason

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought an Anson 1/12 scale RED RT/10 new in the box on Ebay 2 weeks ago for $78 and some change. The price I posted includes shipping.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

I did purchase this model from Rare Model Cars. I did not realize it was your site. I have always enjoyed it. I cannot remember exactly when I bought it, but it was several years ago I believe. It does have a certificate. It is in a box with some other Viper diecasts. I like hearing that you had these produced. Did you keep one for yourself?

Jason

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I did not keep one for myself because all the ones that I wanted to keep ended up being sold because people wanted them too much. :D I really wish I had kept a 1/12 in Chrome and a 1/12 in the Standox color changing paint. They were the best models I ever produced!

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I did not keep one for myself because all the ones that I wanted to keep ended up being sold because people wanted them too much. :D I really wish I had kept a 1/12 in Chrome and a 1/12 in the Standox color changing paint. They were the best models I ever produced!

[/QUOTE]

That is another I own as well. I bought one of the color changing 1:12 Vipers as well. I have I believe 14 or 15 of these large Vipers!

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Standox Color Changer hands down! Only because it is closer to what a real car may be... I know life size chrome cars have been done, but they are not the norm by any means.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

That is another I own as well. I bought one of the color changing 1:12 Vipers as well. I have I believe 14 or 15 of these large Vipers!

[/QUOTE]

do you have any pictures? :headbang:

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could pull them out and take some pics... As a matter of fact I will get that entire box out and put my entire collection together for a picture. I will try to get to it tonight, but just in case give me a little time.

That will be a great picture!

F355 - No plans to sell, but will keep you in mind.

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of the 1:12 Scale Collection sitting around my house.

There are 6 JRL two of which are Pace Cars obtained recently from eBay, several Anson's, one Custom Standox Color Changing Anson done by F355, one Chrome Edition Anson done by F355, Mattel C6 Corvette, Kyosho Ferrari F40, AutoArt Lamborghini Murcielago.

*****Click on Magnifying Glass below each picture to view Full-Size Photo*****

1:12 Scale Diecast Collection

OP
OP
P

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, after starting this thread, my luck has changed. Picked up a black Anson 1:12 on ebay tonight for $56.

Now if I could only get the red one to match my car... :2tu:

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got some pictures of an airbrushed 1:12. Looks like the airbrush artist reproduced some cool NASA photos.

You must be registered for see images

I emailed with the current owner. He had the car for sale on ebay for € 500,-
He told me there was very very much work put into the airbrush design. So the price was accordingly.
It looks marvellous, but the price was a little too much for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456