1/4 mile vs. AutoX & Road Courses

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone seems to want to get that 1/4 mile time down!

From what I've been reading on the board since I own my car, there are many more posts about how to get into the low 11's, 10's and now 9's. If so many guys seem to have to put so much time and money into accomplishing this, than maybe it's not what the car is best set up to do. Maybe our cars are better set up for AutoX and Road Courses. The best I ever did was 12.3 in the 1/4.....STOCK, and it took many runs for me to get it cause I kept spining at the yellow. Maybe it's my technique that blows. But I know of cars that very experienced guys ran with many $$$ upgrades that only do mid-high 11's. I hear the best time in a stock Viper was 11.9.

I don't know, I do better and with less effort and have more fun in AutoX and Road Courses.

Just me?
(Greg.....QUIET, we all know how famous you are lately and how fast your car is...)

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I autox as often as I can in my Viper. Without ABS it's really challenging, but I'm climbing up the stats. The PAX scale heavily penalizes our cars. But it's still a lot of fun.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haverun 2 events with my car. I am in the MS SCCA. I won those 2 events in May and June beating M3's, 911's, corvettes, and others. Autox is so much fun. When it gets down to it, we have a car capable of excellent performance whether it is taking corners or going flat out. I do both as often as I can. Have fun in whatever you do!

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget racing! Any car can race. When you drive home from a race, your Viper still looks cooler than anything else!!!!!!!! ( Until you get the SRThing)

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
road racing
road racing
road racing
road racing
road racing
road racing
road racing
road racing
road racing
road racing
road racing

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ron:

I NEVER thought that I would live to see the day when I heard you say this...

Is this the same guy that I met who swore an oath that drag racing was the only game in town? What was that saying about teaching old dawgs...? Welcome to the dark side.

LOL

Brad

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96