1" seat lowering installed on '09 coupe

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had 1" inch seat lowering kit installed today at Tator's. Rob simply removed the 3 bolts from the computer module to the black bracket. He left the bracket as is and placed the module under the black bracket. He secured the module. He relocated the seat sensor in pretty much the same position it was stock. Checked for codes..none. Ride home..no codes.
When I got home I looked under the seat and was surprised. There was still a good amount of room (roughly 2 inches)between the bracket and underside of seat. I sat in the car and had a friend look. (thinking my weight would lower the seat). He still said there was at least an inch, possibly more. My question now is 1.) can the one inch rails be modified to lower further and 2.) has anyone actually tried the 2 inch kit without removing the black bracket that supports the module? And still placing the module under the bracket, maybe a bit more towards the front of the seat.
The only thing I could see affecting the 2 inch is the width of the bracket. Is it narrow enough so it won't interfere with the rails of the seat. Or should I say are the seat rails wide enough to clear the width of the bracket.

Rednels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put a 2" lowering kit in my 08. I moved the module forward about 3 inches or so with a piece of bar stock aluminum. No problems.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Rednels,

This is what I did too. As long as my car doesn't get into a flood, it should be fine.

Dan

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did Dodge put the seat back adjustment so far down on these seats. Without the lowering brackets on mine I can barely fit my hand down the side of the seat to make any adjustment. Ergonomically just stupid placement. Love the seats but if you can't make adjustments what good is it.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMAO

Sorry, I was just picturing you sitting the seat & your friend tryin to look under the seat at the same time ... could be a comedy skit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32