1 viper + many porsches @ road atlanta , lots of fun

ryan 94RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying that the high temps on SAt and SUn. were in the high 30's.
Road Atlanta was filled with cars that i wanted to play with 5 or so Z06's a GT2 and a bunch of 911's. The thing that impressed me most about the viper is its power in 4th gear that left all others behind. Then as you all know the braking zone (brakes, not our best mod) came into play and they all caught back up.
After a few sesions of running in the 1:47's i asked my bud fast
PEte MAnsillilo to show me a better line and that he did. WHile watching him and after he told me that we would hold a safe line he hit a 1:41 on our 3rd lap with not a hint of the car being nervous. We did 10 more laps in that sesion, best time was a 1:39, with slowing for one or two cars in the way( he could go alot faster).
Things i learned from him : you can flat foot turn 12 ( i didnt he did), you can hit the rev limiter in 4th 154 mph on the straight. And above all i can do a 1:43 when shown the way.
The big bad GT2 was running 143's before it was put away for mechanical problems. Either he was a rookie in the fastest run group or he was playing it safe with his $180,000 auto.
THANKS FAST PETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on Ryan, tell them about the little 4 ******
smile.gif

Seriouslly, I walked over to look a the GT2 and two guys were beating on the front of the car with a hammer and chisel!!!

I don't know what they were beating on but it was in the battery area under the front hood. I was very surprised how slow that car was given all the hype...

I was only passed by the full race BMW and the Panoz race car, it was a great day (aka I didn't hit anything
smile.gif
!!

Roy

OP
OP
R

ryan 94RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Roy you can lead at the next panoz open track in FEB. I cant wait to see you and the Lotus going down the esses. Had a blast.
MAybe i can see a better line by following you 1-7.
see ya

ryan

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you all gotta let us know early about the weekend track times..
i found out about it around 12 noon on friday. i'm in PA if i would have known about it say maybe wednesday you'd have another snake down there to play with.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They told me they were sold out weeks ago, then I convinced them to add a few spots.I will keep you on my e mail list if you dont mine the local stuff.
Pete

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte