12 Hour race at Sebring next week

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will down to watch the racing at Sebring next Friday and Saturday with my son. Last year there was a "Viper Corral" available for special parking
and a place to get together. Any Plans this year??? Who else plans on attending? There should be a number of Viper CC running in the friday race as well. I also have a couple of VIP passes for the Chateau Elan if anyone is interested.
If you have never gone to Sebring, this is a great 4 day event!

Fast Eddie

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ohhhhh noooooo Chuck dont hit the wall again, I sure hope you bought new tires from Olin Mott so THAT don't happen again.

OP
OP
V

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck- thanks for the heads up on availability, I just sent Barb an email.
Rich- Hi buddy! yes I'll be there for Viper Days at the end of April.

I look foward to seeing everyone there.

Regards,
Fast Eddie

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hopefully there will be tons of Viper folks going, even if they don't make the Corral, as 1/3 of the field should be Comp Coupes. I have faith SCCA will adjust rules as they go along, and we will have tight racing again,like last year. The Porsches may have the upper hand the first race, but SCCA was quick to equalize last year, and I expect it will happen again this year.

Watch for:
Tommy Archer
Mike McCann
Jim McCann
Bob Woodhouse
Phil McClure
Kenny Hawkins

to name a few. Not sure who else is gonig, but heard they are expecting Comp Coupe numbers in the teens.

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
31 GT cars entered - 11 Comp Coupes plus 1 GTS, and of course Sonny, who's driving a Vette but is Viper driver to me... It is interesting to me to note that of these 13 guys, at least 11 have raced with the VRL at some point. I think this speaks volumes for the level of training provided by Viper Days and the VRL.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this speaks volumes for the level of training provided by Viper Days and the VRL.

As well as the fact that VRL doesn't put restrictions on the CC like the sissies in the SCCA do.

I'm looking forward to comparing qualifying times after the Viper Days Sebring event Apr 30. The VRL CC should be considerably faster than the SCCA CC.

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck:

I was at Sebring in Jan with PBOC. Sonny was darn near the fastest car there, running 2:14's unrestricted in his Z06. Dillers and Adel were around 2:16 and I doubt they were running restrictors. It'll be interesting to see what kind of times these guys do next week.

I doubt you'll see the VRL CC's faster than the WCGT CC's though due to the difference in driver skill, unless of course some of the big dogs come out to play in the VRL...

Rich

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As of 3/11/05

Viper Competition Coupe

Base weight increased from 3150 to 3200 lbs.

Rear weight bias decreased from 54% to 51%

Restrictor opening decreased from 20% restriction to 45%

Removal of limited prep suspension items

Replaced high flow racing exhaust manifolds with production exhaust manifolds

New front fascia and hood to improve cooling

Replaced optional 3.33:1 axle ratio with 3.73:1 (3.07 base)

Horizontal plane of front splitter reduced from 80 mm to 50 mm

New rear wing

Rear diffuser center stakes removed and diffuser vertical side height reduced 13mm

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck:

I just had to dig this out to clarify the difference in driver skill and car prep between WCGT and VRL. The unrestricted CC's in the VRL posted a best lap of 2:16, whereas Tommy ran 2:12 in WCGT. It is interesting to note that Brett Pearson ran both WCGT and VRL at Sebring, and his VRL time was less than a second faster than WCGT, much of which can be attributed to better tires in the VRL (Hoosier vs. Toyo).

Cheers,
Rich