12 year old GTS-R still on the pace, photos!

Fan6s

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nadine and I went to visit Florent in Luxembourg a little while back. He had all his six GTS-R's present, plus a hall full of other exotica. Here's a link to some photos we shot whilst we were there: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fan6s/sets/72157624922099146/ It was an awesome experience to see so many rareties under one roof. Needless to say that we had an amazing couple of days with Florent & his jawdropping collection of cars.

Last summer Nadine was lucky enough to get a drive up the hill at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in one of Florent's GTS-R's, here's a short utube clip from this event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpL-BvH3VK4

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool. Besides the engine, the hood with the middle vents and the wing, what other visible things differentiated the showroom GTSRs from GTSs?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots! The body is wider than a normal GTS, plexi glass windscreens, Full roll cage different suspension, brake rotors, Air jacks.... It may look like a GTS but there are many many differences ;)

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots! The body is wider than a normal GTS, plexi glass windscreens, Full roll cage different suspension, brake rotors, Air jacks.... It may look like a GTS but there are many many differences ;)

Thanks. My GTSR history knowledge is pretty weak. I thought there were GTSRs available from Chrysler and that there are some (very few of course) on the street ....or at least in garages and museums. Clearly those cars didn't have air jacks and roll cages. Clearly the LeMans ones were highly modified for that purpose....but were the "street" GTSRs wide-bodied lexan-windowed as well? I do some searching around but if you guys know, help me out!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short answer, No there were no Road legal GTSR's......But some people have converted them for road use ;)

There was though the commemorative 1998 GT2 car This was based on a road legal GTS, it was White with Blue stripes, had a GT2 rear wing and Front splitter. The interior was two tone Black and Blue with a blue steering wheel. The car also came with BBS Wheels.

This one :)
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks FB. I believe what you're saying about the road-going version being a GT2.......I have seen a couple which, like this one, have GTSR livery on the side.....that's why I thought they were road-going GTSRs. I have a 98 SCCA racer with a GTSR engine, that hood, and alot of other non-GTS stuff but no VIN. I can't track it back by VIN so I'm trying to figure out clues to what it started life as. Getting there.....:)

V

Venomiss

Great looking photos! They would look good in Viper Magazine....:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala