12 years of VIPERin,and this has never happened,till today!!

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I pulled onto I-85 outside of Atlanta late this morning in my 02 yellow GTS.A blip on my radar screen showed a dot of yellow,on my backside,way back.In a matter of seconds he was on me.A beautifull 94/95 YELLOW rt10.Sounded great,and looked better.We piggybacked for about 20 miles and exchanged thumbs up,grins and waved as he exited.I have probably driven over 250,000 miles in various vipers,and NEVER hooked up with one on the road.You should have seen the gawkers as 2 yellow,loud vipers cut a path down I-85.Incredible.If the other guy is a forum player,let me know!!

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come out with ChrisGTS and I during an auto-x or track event, both in Atlanta. His red GTS and my red RT10 always turns heads :)

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled onto I-85 outside of Atlanta late this morning in my 02 yellow GTS.A blip on my radar screen showed a dot of yellow,on my backside,way back.In a matter of seconds he was on me.A beautifull 94/95 YELLOW rt10.Sounded great,and looked better.We piggybacked for about 20 miles and exchanged thumbs up,grins and waved as he exited.I have probably driven over 250,000 miles in various vipers,and NEVER hooked up with one on the road.You should have seen the gawkers as 2 yellow,loud vipers cut a path down I-85.Incredible.If the other guy is a forum player,let me know!!

I wonder if the yellow 94/95 RT10 you saw was John's... his name is Bandit3 on the boards, I believe, and he's in Atlanta...

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome. I cruised one day with Trent and his yellow '01 down the 95 here in Vegas, and you should have seen the looks. I agree, it's a great thing.
:)

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in the past several months ive seen 2 vipers goin the oppsotie way on the NY southern state pwky. dont have luck like that yet.

GRocks10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is so cool seeing 2 vipers side by side driving together. I haven't had a chance to see that in person yet. :( I hope to be driving in one with someone else in another someday soon. I would love to see peoples reactions. Especially mine! =)

-Gabriel

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got 10 bucks that it was John's. Did it have rims from a 99-2002 on it? If so, that's John alright. Nice guy and great car.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the other hand the other day at a light 2 Vipers pulled up next to me and there I sat in my pickup truck. You don't yell out the window, I also have a Viper. The light turns green and you think, sh*t I took the wrong set of wheels today, sittings are not that common.

Rohn

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nothing beats cruising with other Vipers. 4-6 is a nice mix, after 10 it's hard to convoy with the lights and all. Still a blast however......

A lap of Michigan International Speedway with a hundred other Vipers was something!

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was cruising around the other day when a cool Final Edition started following me from behind. That car looks great from the rear view mirror (a view that a Corvette will never have)

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
About 18 of us going from Cincinnati to Nashville for VOI7, what a cool sight, ahead of us and behind us, a solid line of Vipers, unforgetable.

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i'm also in the ATL and would love to cruise with another 1 or 2 sometime.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viper585/vinny2,

I do not make it to Atlanta in the Viper very often but if you guys are ever in Augusta (for the Master's golf tournament, etc) send me a message and we will hit the roads!

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the MNVCA for two cruises last summer, 8 one time and approx. 18-20 the second time. Goin' through the little towns was awesome!!!!!! Kinda like our own parade!!!!
Everybody just stops whatever they're doin' and stare, it's cool!!!!!!

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
best "convoy" ive ever been part of was at TOOFAST's even in chitown last july. at least twenty of us all in a pack goin up the interstate to greatlakes dragway. now thats a sight i bet no-one will forget :laugh:

(especially when the interstate was eventually roadblocked by johnnylaw to stop all of us for allegedly speeding/racing)

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Come to a meeting, you will get to cruise with 20 or so of your pals.!

I guess my thread was not understood well.I have cruised with other vipers on planned events,etc.My point was that in 12 years of driving my vipers alot(over 250,000 miles)I have never hooked up with one on the same side of the road at the same time.Just goes to show how rare the car still is.Thats what I meant.At least I thought it was a rare occurance,maybe it isnt.Anybody else?Not on a planned outing,or leaving a show,but just driving on the highway.Im curious.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand where your coming from AJ, it seems whenever Im driving I always see vettes along side or at same intersections but it is very very rare to have another viper owner come out of nowhere and pull along side of you..Sorts of makes you realize how special we viper owners are..or is it the car..LOL

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper585,

What I want to know is, how many times have you driven the Lambo, and have another Lambo pull up next to you :)

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper585,

What I want to know is, how many times have you driven the Lambo, and have another Lambo pull up next to you :)

I think that only happens in Miami or LA.

Incredibly,it has happened once.This past summer,after having the car for 15 years(only 3k though)Pulled back onto the road after pumping gas,and behind me was a red 93 diablo.We ran the streets for an hour,pulled over,talked,exchanged contact info,and parted.Very,Very cool.It is the only car that exceeds the VIPERS gawk factor.