14 Yellow Vipers spotted in Australia

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strangely enough (!) the RT I saw is not on the map. If you want to add a banana, go for the little state on the bottom right of the mainland. The little bay (Port Phillip) that goes straight up in line with the left side of the triangular island below (Tasmania), has Melbourne at the top. The dealership is at the widest point of the bay on the right hand side, near the top.

Got me?

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cooray:
Hey guys

There is a few new yellow vipers in Australia
all in melbourne in a factory waiting to be converted i think

25 cars all up and proberbly about 6 yellows but not sure

i just sold my 1995 yellow viper for about the equvient of $70,000 USD or 140,000 Aussie dollar

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait a minute....used 1995 yellow for $70,000? AND everyone thought the SRT was gonna have a premium. Anyone know how much it costs to ship a car from southern Cali to Australia?

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta ship it, then you gotta pay the tax man, then you gotta get it converted to right hand drive.

shipping is like 3000 USD
ìmport duty is 15%
then you pay GST (like sales tax) on the cost of the vehicle, the cost of the shipping AND you even pay GST on the import duty!!!! GST is another 10%
Then you pay Luxury Car Tax on ten elevenths of the amount accrued so far over 55134 aussie dollars (about 30k USD).

Yes, they tax you on tax, and they use both of those taxes to push you over the limit into more tax.

Then, the conversion once you get here is 38k aussie dollars (about 20k USD).

Still interested...?

Well, I am. Because the "Chrysler Vipers" they are selling here are going for 270k aussie dollars. thats about 150k USD. Gonna get me a 99 RT with a supercharger. Hoping to all up pay half of what they are asking at the dealership. Really hoping the warranty will come with it (yeah, right).

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D@mn straight man. I haven't stopped at Brighton Chrysler Jeep to have a look at the yellow RT on the floor yet, but I saw the Chrysler promotional car there a couple weeks ago. It was wierd - had 96-98 wheels, non rounded hood.. was a red GTS. The salesman was apparently high up in the Viper selling bit of Chrysler and was a bit off hand with me. I'm young and I don't dress like I that much money, but after 30 seconds it was obvious I knew what I was talking about and am in the market. I wasn't really impressed with his attitude, and frankly, he should have been nicer as they are apparently struggling to move these cars. They are just too expensive. The exchange rate, I'm sure, didn't help. I could, however, have gotten a brand new car on the road for around 200k AUD tops. Still, they have to pay advertisement etc.

I think they will move them all, but it will take a while. I hope they get the car a bit better known in this country. Where did you get yours serviced? Can I ask how much your insurance cost, and who you got it through? Oh, and if you don't mind, how old you are... I am 24 and I don't think I will get insurance until I'm at least 25. Maybe not then either. Again, I just can't get quotes out of people.. I say "24, Dodge Viper" and they just think "yeah right" and make up a number.

Yep, I want a 99. Best wheels, still forged pistons. Can't get a steel or graphite though, and no ABS
frown.gif
They will have yellow, red and graphite here.. bet no stripes though. Show these HSVs what the words "at the wheels" mean when quoting power numbers. And then, yeah, supercharge it
smile.gif