140.....2006 Vipers with A/C problem

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know at least one coupe that is on the list. No big deal IMO....it's good that they take a proactive stance.

Subject:
2006 Viper (ZB) – A/C Refrigerant Undercharged
THIS SHOULD BE A TOP PRIORITY AND BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO
SALE TO AVOID SUSPECT VEHICLES BEING DELIVERED TO
CUSTOMERS.
Approximately 140 vehicles have been shipped to dealers with the A/C system
contaminated with air.
The dealers will be asked to replace the accumulator, recover, evacuate and recharge
the A/C system.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Tony1 --

I have a 2006 blue SRT-10 convertible that is currently awaiting transport at the Connor Ave plant. Is there a way to determine if my car is subject to this bulletin? In other words, do you believe that Dodge will be checking the cars still in their possession or just ship them out and wait for the local dealer to address any problem? Thanks for an info you can provide.

/Rich

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This only affects those cars that were already shipped. Those at the plant have already gotten the fix there from what I understand.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1Tony1 --

I have a 2006 blue SRT-10 convertible that is currently awaiting transport at the Connor Ave plant. Is there a way to determine if my car is subject to this bulletin? In other words, do you believe that Dodge will be checking the cars still in their possession or just ship them out and wait for the local dealer to address any problem? Thanks for an info you can provide.

/Rich

Your SRT-10 was fixed at CAAP

The vast majority of the affected Vipers ar 2006 SRT-10 ROADSTERS. Most of the SRT-Cs were fixed at CAAP before shipment. Those early cars like mine now await PART. (Been There, waited for that. NO BIG DEAL !!!!)

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB --

Thanks so much for the information! Just as a precaution, I will send an e-mail to Russ to confirm repair.

/Rich

rac156

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a late 05 (last 100 made) and when the a/c is on, it often smells bad, Could this be same or similar problem?

No, thats just a side effect of feeding your car tacos. :p