1989 Viper concept idling

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with GTS Dean on this one. The car pictured is the 1989 concept car with a slapped together V10 from what I remember.

1VprTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good info GTS Dean, the white suspension test car was the only one to have the V8
V10 would be correct for this concept/show car, 2 extra cylinders 'graphed' onto the motor. The other red concept/test car had a production version of the V10
For those that have never seen it this is the show car above...
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
D

DtRockstar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing this up, guys! I didn't know they made a V10 out of a V8 block for the showcar.

Chris

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't the motor a 383 or 360 with 2 cylinders added based on the cast iron truck version.

Bruce

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great vid, thanks. Wish the production wheels were deep-lipped like those.

jsd512

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even to this day, that design is so damn good looking.

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but you're all wrong.

The original showcar had 2 V-8 engines sawn apart and soldered back together to make a real V-10. The red car pictured IS that one. Then, there was VM-01 (white - I believe) also named Felicity, that was powered by a V-8 and used for suspension development. It's the one Iaccoca was pulled over in by Detroit PD when he decided to give the "GO" for Viper production. VM-02 is known as the Sedona car, it was used by Bob Lutz to take magazine writers for rides in Sedona, AZ. It was powered by a purpose-built V-10.

Exactly :2tu: