1993 Gen 1 good news.

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked up the valuation of a 1993 viper on Hagerty Vehicle Valuation Report. As of May they have FAIR 21,200 GOOD $30,700, EXCELLENT $45,800 CONCOURS $66,100. It looks like they averaged a $5,000 jump since January.
I'd say mine would fall into the excellent category and with two after market tops and all the accessories it would be at least to the top value.

I think I will put it up for sale at $45,00. It has a little over 20,000 miles on it. Drivers side has a couple of bubbles on sill. What do you think.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, prices have been creeping up in the last 12-18 months.

As for the Hagerty values, take a good look at their descriptions for excellent and good. From what you've briefly described I think Hagerty would rate your Viper as Good or Good plus. As for pricing, I'd say $35k, after you get the sills fixed. Good luck! Mike

OP
OP
DJ'sviper

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion. You know what it is really worth? What I want to sell it for.

GA- Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion. You know what it is really worth? What I want to sell it for.

DJ
If that was true I will sell mine for 1mil.LOL

Anyway you can always ask whatever you want when selling anything. But it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Good luck with your sale and hopefully you get what you are asking for it as it would help the values of all of our cars.

Robert Kennedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a tough argument when there is at least a dozen nice Gen 1 Vipers with half the miles... or less for sale all over the country for mid $30s and been for sale for some time now...
but as others said... best of luck

OP
OP
DJ'sviper

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If more Gen 1 owners put there cars out there for a a better price than the community sees it as the value and will buy the the cars that are lower priced and think they got a great deal. All Gen 1's should put their cars out for a high price even if you didn't want to sell them. It worked for Crazy Eddy but we wouldn't be doing anything illegal.

GA- Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 93 was auctioned off on BAT today. 21k mile Red, sold for $29,450

Here's the description, pictures and results as well as a bunch of bidder and potential bidder comments

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1...=email&utm_campaign=bat_watched_listing_ended

There is also a 5% Buyers fee on top of the high bid. The car’s condition is good,
not excellent. The flocked dash is horrible.
With the hard top included it is about right in today’s market. Last year when I bought mine this car would have been about $ 27K. So I think the market is definitely up.
That said these cars are way undervalued. But a heck of a bargain.

What else can you buy at this price point
with timeless beauty and this much performance?

Now on the hunt for Gen 2 BW GTS as a garage mate!

Last edited:

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Gen 1 and gen 2 Vipers will be worth a lot of money as they get older, back in the late sixty's You could buy a 63 corvette for next to nothing, my brother bought a 67 Vett in 1974 both were Mint and cheap. Look at what they are worth now, and there were thousands of them made, more Vetts are made each year than the entire run of Vipers from beginning to the last. Time is the great worth on all cars. Even a mint Pinto go's for big money just for being an old car. Just my 2 dollars, it used to be my 2 cents, but as time go's on the price go's up :D

Kevin Curry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like the cars that are owned by club members are the ones you want to buy, I think the cars have been better taken care of and it doesn't appear anyone is gouging when they discuss selling their car. There are a lot of "milers" on the internet and cars that have been for sale for over a year.

I have to ask Red/Tan RT 10 about the Red/Tan combo. You may have mentioned it but isn't that quite rare? I've never seen it, can you post a photo?

Searching for a low mile Gen 1, black/tan. Curious if anyone has the Gen 1 production numbers for exterior/interior colors?

Happy Motoring everybody!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin,

Look at the International Viper Registry to get the build data including colors and interiors. Tan interior became an option in model year '94 the registry doesn't have the red/tan build data for '94 but they do have it for '95 About 35% of the '95's have tan. I would guess that only 15%-20% of the '94's are tan based on looking at them for the past 20 years (probably started tan mid-cycle that year).

https://www.theviperregistry.com/build.php

Here's a couple of pics of mine, you'll see the stance is lower. I have a set of coil-overs that Edlebrock built back them Mike

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Kevin Curry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mike for the quick response. Wow, the tan really pops! Very nice ride, I like the stance too. Thanks also for the link, a wealth of information at hand.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin, I like the tan so much more than the lite gray. What helps to make it "pop" is that the dash is black vs. the gray. Good luck in your search!! Mike

USAFPILOT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 93 Antenna car. Its not quite factory anymore, but pretty danged nice. I am trying to find some odds and ends for it. First order of business is getting my sports bar and Soft top correct.

ViperRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I should hang on to my 93 antenna car?
It has 8k on the clock. Garage queen that empties my wallet every year just on preventative maintenance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper