1999 ACR - How much should I offer?

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car has been for sale for a LONG time, at least 8+ months and im not sure why.
THe NACA duct either looks to be replaced or the stripes are not factory.

If everything checks out and is perfect i'd think mid 50's is what i'd expect a dealer to sell it for. There were only 30 of these built and it has low miles too.

OP
OP
P

PMB NY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will ask about the stripes.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can say that Naples Motorsports is a very reputable dealer from what I hear, i doubt they would be selling junk....However their prices are the absolute highest I have ever seen. That is probably the reason why that car is not sold yet. They were trying to get $63k not too long ago for a 00' Steel grey/Cognac RT/10 with like 7k on it. It would not surpise me if they were asking ATLEAST $60k for this one...I would have to agree with $50k for a fair price.

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro, this is the badest ACR out there for sale, lower miles & more rare :nana:
Factory stripes, had a problem with the air duct and had to replace it, the guy who painted it was affraid he could'nt match the stripes, I have original sticker showing paid 3K for the factory stripes.

DSC00675.JPG

DSC00672.JPG

DSC006777.JPG

Undjtdjtitled.jpg

MINT Graphite with Silver Stripe ACR Options. Had the wheels quadruple coated from Cal Chrome and had the shocks adjusted to lower the car about one inch.
The American Club Racing competition package, a $10,000 option that adds 10 horsepower and 10 foot-pounds of torque, stiffens the suspension and deletes comfort features such as air conditioning, stereo and fog lights. The ACR option is designed for buyers who seriously plan on entering their Viper in races, but no doubt some folks will want it for bragging rights on the street. Just for them, a $1,100 comfort group re-adds the A/C and the stereo.

It is 1 of 22 with Graphite/ stripes and ACR package. It does have the comfort package and also added:

Factory fog lights

High flow cats w/ Corsa cat back

Hid headlights

Floor mats

EBC green pads

A bunch of MGW stuff

Maxcare 7 year/100000 mile warranty expires 7/11/2009

Mileage right now is 7,777

$67,000 obo

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strips look a little different than mine, but it could be the camera or light. Also, I don't have an ACR but I believe the strips are supposed to be the same color. Get the VIN. It will tell you if the stripes are original.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I will chime in here. Normally, I am talking "up" the price of ACR's. In this case, I take the opposite view. I think the price is high. This car has been for sale for a long time. Offer less, in my opinion.

Also, non-chromed wheels are worth far more. A majority of people chrome them to hide damage.

OP
OP
P

PMB NY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I will call them tomorrow.

HARDVIPER your car is sweet but more than I want to spend.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can say that Naples Motorsports is a very reputable dealer from what I hear, i doubt they would be selling junk....However their prices are the absolute highest I have ever seen. That is probably the reason why that car is not sold yet. They were trying to get $63k not too long ago for a 00' Steel grey/Cognac RT/10 with like 7k on it. It would not surpise me if they were asking ATLEAST $60k for this one...I would have to agree with $50k for a fair price.

Yeah Naples & Bay State are usually pretty high in pricing but from what I have heard, they try to get the best cars around.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I will chime in here. Normally, I am talking "up" the price of ACR's. In this case, I take the opposite view. I think the price is high. This car has been for sale for a long time. Offer less, in my opinion.

Also, non-chromed wheels are worth far more. A majority of people chrome them to hide damage.

I too believe the car is overpriced, more due to the paintwork than that BBS wheels being chromed.

Where did you get the info that a majority of people chrome them to hide damamge?

I think they LOOK incredible chromed, and unless you are keeping the car stock and going to keep it for a long time, it will NOT create a negative value to the car IMO.

Great looking car, stripes do look a bit off. Worth $67k, not to me.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't chroming them make them more brittle also?

Yes, if you are a serious racer, Chroming weakens the wheels in the slightest degree, and also adds a bit of weight. Brittle is a very big stretch, and it truely won't play an issue with strength.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Naples & Bay State are usually pretty high in pricing but from what I have heard, they try to get the best cars around.

[/QUOTE]

I bought my '01 RT/10 from Naples last year. Great dealer, great service. Their prices are a bit high but you have to negotiate with them. That ACR has been there for a while and they haven't moved any Vipers in the last 5 months. Last march, they sold Vipers as soon as they got them in. So I'd say you can talk down the price a bit. After I purchased mine from Naples, they raised their prices on all their Vipers a bit much. Even this ACR is bit expensive even for Naples. Ask for free shipping. I was able to get a good deal on mine, split the shipping costs and Naples surprised me with a hard top after I received the car. Ask for Rob, tell him Tony in CT sent you.

The description mentions Fitzgerald Motorsports. I would call Fitzgerald and get the history on this Viper. You can also ask Chuck Tator run a check for you.

- Tony

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too believe the car is overpriced, more due to the paintwork than that BBS wheels being chromed.

Where did you get the info that a majority of people chrome them to hide damamge?

I think they LOOK incredible chromed, and unless you are keeping the car stock and going to keep it for a long time, it will NOT create a negative value to the car IMO.

Great looking car, stripes do look a bit off. Worth $67k, not to me.

[/QUOTE]

7435Un555555titled.jpg

No new paint job just the Air scoop. I think I'm going to keep the car anyway, she's just too Damn SweeeT! Good Luck bro :headbang:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the car that I was going to buy last Fall but they would not budge on the price, I think I offered them 57k or something like that. They had a sure sale but decided to hold out for more money and there it sits! Am EXTREMELY happy with the car I did buy though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine