2.5 versus 3 inch cats/Corsa combo

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question, I'm thinking now that the Corsa/RT cats combo is what I want, now what diameter, 2.5 or 3 inch? I want to make sure I don't drop any low end torque, etc. Opinions?

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking at doing this upgrade in stages; do the corsa and see how i like the sound etc., save up a few more bucks and if I want more sound and get rid of the hot second cat, then do RTs, but the only way to do that strategy is to go 2.5". Corsa lists 15hp and 20tq increase for their track system, with no differencce listed for the 2.5 versus 3", also I'm told the header he out;et is 2.5" so if I don't change headers, which I won't, I wouldn't think there'd be a significant diffeence in hp between the 2.5 and 3.

Dave

- I am working on quotes from JonB.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Dman...

The biggest % of the price of the install will be the taking out the panels. You might as well buy the cats and slap them on while the car is apart.

FYI I have corsa 3" track and no cats, it is insanely loud....

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's funny Z, this morning I was just thinking about that strategy. If I go staged, I need to DIY using the write-ups on the forum, or if I go the whole deal, then I can opt to have them installed - but not 2 installs, yikes.

D.