2 Exotics Gone for now FE and GT

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posted more pics in last week than in 12 years. 2 icons gone (Ford since 06) Since Ford's was built for the centennial I doubt we ever see that one again.

Viper still has Ralph and VCA, so we can hope. If not, a great run.:usa:

Last edited:

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few more--I am no photographer as you can tell.

drummer -

Nice pics!

Ford would have continued to make the FGT had in not been for the change in fed regulations in 07 that made nearly every design distinction that made the FGT the FGT impossible to continue (ie, one small example - side impact, getting those aero doors (that also cut into the roof -line) to accomodate glass that could "roll down" was no small miracle as it stood - putting a side air bag in there would have blown away 2 key design cues right there alone). Theres alot more but I won't bore you with them ... it won't be built again.

a bright-spot FYI for ya though (that I cannot elaborate on here) - Ford is not done making "super cars" yet ;)

Jim

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
drummer -

Nice pics!

Ford would have continued to make the FGT had in not been for the change in fed regulations in 07 that made nearly every design distinction that made the FGT the FGT impossible to continue (ie, one small example - side impact, getting those aero doors (that also cut into the roof -line) to accomodate glass that could "roll down" was no small miracle as it stood - putting a side air bag in there would have blown away 2 key design cues right there alone). Theres alot more but I won't bore you with them ... it won't be built again.

a bright-spot FYI for ya though (that I cannot elaborate on here) - Ford is not done making "super cars" yet ;)

Jim

You are correct on history. And I have heard rumors as well but it won't be a GT.

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more to round out power from the Big 3 (ok, I don't count Toyota et al). The Caddy is a bit of a stealth rocket with daily driver manners and 556 HP.

The guy I bought 0002 from talked me into one. (another of his babies)
Traded the current M5 and never looked back. The next M5 should be sweet.

Last edited:

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice rides for sure man. How you like the GT I looked at a heritage painted one a month or so ago. They seem to be built really well from I seen on the one I looked at. I just wondered how they ride and such?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte