2 local Dodge dealers may have lied to me about warranty.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking to Chuck Tator and he told me my Viper still had a 7 year powertrain warranty good till 12/07 that could be transferred to me from previous owner. I could do it in Rochester where I live with a local Dodge dealer.

I called Vision Dodge and they told me all there was was an expired 3yr/ 36k mile warranty and questioned who told me about the 7 year warranty thinking they were nuts.

I called a different local dealer (can't remember which one). They gave me same result of 3yr 36k warranty but gave me the name and number of Autoway Dodge from Florida where the Viper was originally purchased. I called Autoway and they confirmed what Chuck Tator said about the 7 yr warranty and I now await transfer paperwork in mail now.

Is it me or is the 2 local dealers I mentioned trying to trick me in paying for any work done on purpose out of pocket or are they just incompetent with a computer. :buttkick: The dealer in Florida knowing I would never show up was truthful and had nothing to gain/lose.

I am tempted to call more local Dodge dealers and see if same happens for sheer entertainment purposes.

In closing, I am thankful for Chuck Tator's help and integrity and am convinced that the 4 hr or more drive for service with him will be very worth it when needed.

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Try going onto the DC warranty site yourself. If you have the prev owner's name and the VIN you can call it up.
http://www-5.servicecontracts.chrysler.com/
This is an aftermarket type coverage sold by DC rather than an extended powertrain warranty as offered on a new car. There may be a different database for the 2 diferent types.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is real easy, all you have to do is pull up your Vin and it will tell you if it is eligible. I am assuming you have a 2002 thru 2004, or your car was registered after July of 2002, as that was the period when the 7/70 was available. Send your vin to me at:
[email protected] and we can look it up.

If the car is older, but was sold during that period , then it could theoretically have the 7/70 also. Keep in mind this only covers approximately 200 out of 5000 items on a Viper

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper,SRT
1-800-889-1893

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try going onto the DC warranty site yourself. If you have the prev owner's name and the VIN you can call it up.
http://www-5.servicecontracts.chrysler.com/
This is an aftermarket type coverage sold by DC rather than an extended powertrain warranty as offered on a new car. There may be a different database for the 2 diferent types.

Thanks for the link! I can see my 5yr 50K has just started up :) NICE

OP
OP
VENOMAHOLIC

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am all set Bill P but thanks for the info. Just was trying to make a point that if I needed immediate service and was not persistent, those dealers would have charged me for service even after I asked them about the 7yr still on the car.

Also, it would be wise for anybody buying a preowned Viper to investigate for warranties before buying using the vin #. It could save them from buying another from new dealership when previous warranty still has lots of time and is transferrable.